CH48 - In The Fog Of Confusion

I woke up with a start and found myself in an unfamiliar place. It seemed like I was in the middle of a forest. Or well, that's what I thought until I turned to the other side and saw a cliff not too far from me. I with difficulty I forced myself to sit up with and nurse the side of my head. When my vision finally got clearer, I took another good look around my surroundings.

However, now with the second scanning, I felt some sort of. . . connection to the place. . . it felt familiar. . .

Without thinking much of it, I began to roam around the woods for who knows how long. But not long after getting deeper into the woods, I suddenly saw a tall building- Wait. . .

That's the hotel where we once were when the Dark Tournament took place.

I rushed over, now knowing which path to take and in the end, I found myself in front of the Hotel and then I turned to the cliff that was not too far from me. . .

As I stare at it, a memory was jogged out of my mind.

"The Promise. . ." That's right. The promise Hiei and I made before Sensui came into our lives and brought his chaos that. . . that. . .

"Miyuki!" I hear a voice call out to me from behind, making me turn around and then jump back with a small gasp.

"Hiei. . ." I whisper his name out as my heart began to pick up speed. I took a step forward and then froze on the spot when my demon started to approach my frame. Once he was now right in front of me, one of his arms snaked around my middle back while his other arm raised up, and his hand was placed onto my right cheek.

I gasp silently before my eyes met his. Gaze that reflected so much warmth and affection. . . But then he closes them again while leaning his forehead onto mine, making my heart flutter and spread that spark of love within my chest. . .

Every time I am with him. . . just the two of us. . . being together. . . and alive. . .

I closed my eyes as well as I lean in as well and was about to take his hand on his. Wanting to feel his warmth-.

A painful cry escaped from Hiei's mouth making my eyes snap open, but to my utter horror, I see a different scene play before my eyes.

I was back in that cave again with my hands moving on their own while my Fire Demon was suffering. Then it changes to the scene when we were in the forest and under the fool moon my hands were frozen while Hiei was looking at me with that same look of hurt and betrayal. . .

Out of the blue, I feel my body fell into the void, just like when my body was under control while my mind and soul was trapped inside. . . But then the air was knocked out of my lungs and my eyes shot open.

I began to cough uncontrollably while I shut down my eyelids so I won't blind myself from the sharp light, but eventually I got used to it within a few blinks. The coughing fit didn't stop though, making me realize how dry and sore my throat is.