CH25 - Awakening

Morning eventually arrived and no one had suspected anything.

Knowing that most people will be busy, Atsuko volunteered to buy some bandages and groceries earlier with Master Yara, who also later on left as well in an urgent manner, because the newfound psychics that are at the temple needed help, leaving the Spirit Detective and the other teenagers under Genkai's care.

Since it was the weekends none of them had much to do for the day, other than watch over Ruby and wait for their enemy to wake up. The mentioned boy with blonde hair eventually regained his consciousness and in the next moment, he shot up from his deep slumber, only to regret his actions later because of the deep wound that is still on the early healing stages. His hand shot over the spot where it hurts him. That's when he noticed the bandages that were wrapped around his chest from top to his torso. Not only that, he noticed someone from the corner of his eyes, a figure sitting in the chair next to the bed, dark-brown eyes giving him a cold and stern look.

"Welcome back." Yusuke greeted him flatly. Mitari was quiet for a few seconds as he stared at the Spirit Detective intensely.

"You're Yusuke. . ." The teen boy stated, his voice weak and raspy.

"That's right Goldie, and that's my bed you're sleeping in, thanks to the human freak train there dragging you in so we can stich you up." The Urameshi boy replied bluntly as he pointed a finger at Kuwabara's figure who was sleeping in the corner with his legs and arms crossed, snoring loudly. He had apparently waited for the young teen to wake up and question him himself, but Kazuma ended up taking a nap instead.

"Bro did finally something helpful without his girl being around." Shizuru commented in amusement, but she was also praising him at the same time.

"His companions, your victims have survived as well." Kurama spoke up as he stood next to the Spirit Detective. "They informed us all about the encounter with you, then we erased their memories of that night so they wouldn't be burdened by the darker truth."

"Like another human fighting for the wrong side." Yusuke added, his sharp gaze never leaving Mitari's figure that had been frozen on the spot. "Kuwabara saved your life after you kill him. You think your psychic powers would've done that? You owe him big, and to us as well, especially after that stunt that took one of my teammates and almost killed my sister. So, you better start talking." Hearing that, the boy with blonde hair knew there was no other choice but to confess. His injuries were to serious and the enemy is surrounding him, so chances of escaping were very low. He looked at his captors that were giving him the silent glare through their stares.

"Yeah, come clean!" Kuwabara spoke up, startling Mitari a little. "Yeah, gonna clean my socks." Kazuma continued on mumbling in his sleep, oblivious of his friends and sister that are watching him make a fool out of himself.

"What?" Keiko questioned, utterly confused.

"Sleep talking." Shizuru explained with a small hint of amusement. " Sleep Walking without the bruises." In reply she earned a small noise and nod from Puu who had been resting in the brunette girl's embrace. However, the tension in the air soon returned and everyone looked back at Seaman who looked at his lap. Eyes went narrow and his eyebrows got knitted together.