CH12 - The Doctor's Disease

The two siblings arrive at the crime scene that was crowded by many staff members and some patients as well. Yusuke pushed the people out of his and his sister's path so they can see what's the commotion is all about.

"No!" Yusuke breathed out in a small gasp as he and Miyuki saw their teammate lying on the ground, paralyzed, while the blood was coming out of his deep and fresh cut wound.

"So, you knew this boy." One out of the many doctors in the room asked the Urameshi boy while his sister was looking at each and every one of the white coated figures that are crouching down next to the blonde figure.

"What do you mean 'knew'?" Yusuke asked in a small glare, angry that he let this happen to his teammate.

"Apparently a crazy man with a scalpel came in and attacked your friend and a nurse." The doctor explained briefly.

"We've taken the girl to the E.R., but this one can't even blink for us." Another doctor said as he was inspecting the blonde boy. "We think it's the shock." As he was explaining the one with dark brown hair and square glasses looked at the Spirit Detectives with a sly and secretive smirk.

Of course, none of the siblings saw that, but still the Phoenix girl's gut once more screamed her the danger near by.

"Get me a nerve specialist and put an alert for a man pretending to practice here." Another doctor ordered the nurses who nodded their heads before they left the room to call the cops.

"So, he's not a doctor from this hospital. . ." Yusuke stated before he approached Kido and crouched down to his level, Miyuki did the same but her eyes were darting cautiously at each and every one of the doctors. "Kido, don't be lazy, tell us who he is!" The Urameshi boy demanded, but only got silence as his answer from Kido who couldn't say anything because of the culprit's nerve attack.

"He's pretty shaken up." Another doctor informed the siblings. "He won't be able to speak for a while." At that Yusuke looked down at his teammate in defeat.

"Fine, take your time." The male Spirit Detective said. "It's dangerous for you anyway. We'll find him ourselve-." Before he can get up, Miyuki grabbed him by the sleeves, making the teen froze in his movements.

"H-huh?" Yusuke hummed questioningly as he looked at his sister rather puzzled. "What's wrong sis?" Right before he can receive an answer the both of them got stuck in Kido's territory. Needless to say, the Urameshi siblings did not like that, but this small gesture however, confirmed Miyuki's suspicions. "Why? Why won't you want us to go yet? Unless. . ." Yusuke was first confused but soon realization dawned on him, making him glance at his sister who was in the same sticky situation as he was.

"Yes, he is here. . . " She told him in a low whisper as her eyes once more scanned each and every one of them. "The question here is which one. . ." Yusuke's blood ran cold at those words. He turned to the left with his eyes, then to the left, looking at each of those doctors who were inside the room. "Well, keep going!" The Urameshi boy asked the blonde who was trying to figure out a way to communicate with the two Spirit Detectives. Sadly, he got nothing again.

"That'll have to wait son." One doctor said before he crouched down to Kido. "We've decided that we would move him to x-ray." However, as soon as his shadow covered Kido's head, he got stuck on the spot.