CH3 - Another start of something. . .

On the same day Hiei was patrolling around. He was on one of the town's tall and constructed building, resting like he usually would, but his break lasted so little when another one of those Demon insects came into his face. He sliced it in half with no problem, but after that one a new one came, then another one. After killing those, he turned to look at the view of the small town before him.

'The air in this town is thick with energy.' He mentally noted to himself. 'Demon insects flocks to it like sharks to an open wound. A sign of things to come, or is the danger already here.' Then he loudly hummed to himself. 'Then again, what do I care?' He asked himself, but then he remembered that this very town is the place where his mate is living. That made him look at his marked wrist before letting a small scoff to himself then leave the place.

In the halls of the famous Meiou High school, many students were gathering around the score-board where they usually see the results of their test, along with the top students. Many are always curious of their own grades, but most were there to see who got to the top this time.

"Top score: Shuichi." One of them announced it. "Big surprise." He added sarcastically since this was not unusual. Kurama, in other names Shuichi Minamino, he is not only one of the most popular student of all Meiou High, but also the top one student with excellence.

"What is that?" One of them asked flabbergasted. " Fifty times in a row?" Because him and like many other males from that school, they would give everything to be just like the famous redhead while many girls would try everything in their powers to win his heart or at least get his interest.

But the looks of things, not everyone is a big fan of Shuichi. Like the very boy at the back of the crowd with the black curly hair who just fixated his glasses back onto his face with a hard frown.

"Almost got it this time Kaito." A teacher told to his student who turned to look at him. "But again, with a score like that, second place is nothing to be ashamed of." He tried to lift Kaito's spirit up with his praise, but the look on the teen's expression, he didn't seem to be fazed.

"Who said I was ever ashamed?" Kaito asked his teacher. "There is more to life than sticking your nose into a text book. . . besides. . . " He abruptly stopped before he can finish the sentence. "Good day to you, sir." The curly haired teen dibbed his goodbye to the teacher before walking off with his glasses shining with determination. 'Besides, I have my own special lesson planned for Shuichi Minamino.' He mentally noted.

Just then two girls in red uniform approached the famous Shuichi Minamino who was on his desk reading a book in peace.

"Hey, great job on the test." The blonde girl congratulated to the redhead. "You got first place again. Pretty exciting, isn't it?"

"Yes." Kurama said politely. "Seems fortune has been my friend."

"Gosh Shuichi, you don't have to act like it's no big deal." The girl with the blueish-black-hair scolded at him light-heartedly. "You're embarrassed isn't it?" At that, Kurama let out a small chuckle.

"You know me well." He replied with a polite smile. However, that quickly turned into a serious frown when is eyes caught a small Demon Insect on the blonde girl's shoulder while her friend was complimenting the boy with a sweet voice and dreamy look. "Who is that? At the door?" Shuichi quickly asked. The girls fall for the trick and look over. That gave the Fox-Demon enough time to take that bug off of the girl and kill it.