CH32 - Crossroads Of Destiny

Just as we arrived at the Cave's entrance, the demon energy in the air became thicker while the scent of flesh blood and decaying corpses got stronger. I would be lying if I don't way it brought a sense of comfort to me since it reminded me so much of the place where I truly belong. However, it also gave me something that I never thought I would ever feel again.

I was somewhat nervous of what challenge is there, that might await us inside.

Awaits me. . .

I don't know what to expect once I see Miyuki again, but deep down I know, this is a fight that is unavoidable. Just like the last time.

"Well, that's definitely the truck that took Kuwabara away." The Detective informed as while looking at the said truck.

"So, this is the entrance to hell." I spoke with an unamused tone. "It's drearier than I expected." The irony of how humans had chosen a fitting name for this cave only to turn out the very thing that they are all frighten of.

"Mitari, approximately how long should it take to get to Itsuki?" The Fox asked the boy in yellow rain coat.

"If we proceed quickly but with caution, it should take us about two hours to get there." The boy informed.

"What?!?" The other detective exclaimed loudly like that oaf friend of his would do.

"You sure?" That Ruby girl asked earning a smal nod from the kid.

"That is if we don't encounter any problem along the way." The blonde boy added.

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" The detective once more asked the stupid questions.

"You to stop talking." I replied with a deadpan.

"Well let's go. Now." With that we all began to enter the darkness of the cave.

"Let's be cautious kids." The blind old woman reminded us. "Keep your guard up at the maximum because there will definitely be obstacles to get to us."

"Hn." I huffed a little at how she is acting like our babysitter when she is not, but for once I have no choice but to listen to her since none of us can really know what to expect.

As we were walking, I see that water-bender on the front hug herself in the front, probably feeling cold in here. Out of the blue I see Kurama walk closer to her and wrapped one arm around her shoulders, bringing her fragile frame closer to his. It made me feel a small pang of pain inside my chest.

I usually find it uncomfortable and distasteful when other couples would do things like these in front of my vision. But now that I see it, it just reminded me of what Miyuki and I used to do in secret.

Me and her holding onto one another. . .

The promise. . .

It actually felt nice in a way to have someone by your side, being accepted, despite who and what you are. . . and now for once I actually miss something. . .