CH28 - The Chase - Part 2

[Minutes before the Explosion.]

"My brother maybe accident bro, but with the others, he is safe." Shizuru tried to reassure the blonde boy, but her words didn't seem to help his mind rest at all.

"You're not understanding me." Mitari said as he looked at the girls with fear filled eyes. "Mr Sensui desperately wants to recruit him to his side."

"What are you talking about?" Ruby asked in confusion since this was a part she couldn't hear back when she was being held as hostage.

"You got the wrong the wrong guy. " The elder sister told him, not believing in the boy's words still. " No one wants Kazuma on their side, they could be stuck with him."

"No, I'm sure Kuwabara is the Psychic." Once more the young teen insisted on. "Mr Sensui needs his power to cut down the barrier."

"H-he can do that now?" Ruby asked in a stammer as her eyes widened in shock. Her question was however got ignored by Botan who cuts in.

"We gotta warn them!" The bluenette girl exclaimed right before she rushed toward the balcony window and look for the group. "I can't see them where did they all go?" Botan frantically began to look around while Ruby got there, helping her friend with the search.

"There!" Ruby cried out as she pointed a finger at her friends and enemy who are now miles away.

"Oh great, they moved on!" The young Grim Reaper groaned before she started to shout towards them, trying to get their attention, but the distance between her and the others were too big. Ruby was about to do the same thing, but the movement from the corner of her eye made the air get caught up in her throat. She snapped her head over and let out a horrifying gasp when she saw Sniper, ready to finish them off.

"Oh no, not this guy again!" Botan commented, just as-.

"GET DOWN!" Ruby dragged her back into safety next to the wall and away from the other enemy's view. Thankfully the Water-Bender's reflexes managed to save both of them from the shower of marble bullets that were breaking through the window and dug themselves deep into the wall. "This is a nightmare. . ." The bender murmured angrily as the rain of assaults paused momentarily. None of the people in the room dared to say anything for a moment or even breath. But then Ruby's determination came to light once more, tired of not being able to do much.

"You girls stay here!" The bender instructed them strictly. "I'll go warn the others." With that she began to march over to the exit, only to be stopped by Shizuru who pulled her back.

"I'll come with you." The young adult said.

"What?" Botan exclaimed in surprise.

"No, you have to stay with them in case something happens!" The Water-Bender tried to reason with her friend, but seeing the expression Shizuru is holding, she knew deep down there is no point in arguing much about the matter.

"But it's my duty as a sister to go get that idiot to safety!" Shizuru snapped back. "He may piss me off sometimes but he's my little bro and I'm the only one who gets to pick on him!" With a small sigh of defeat Ruby nodded her head and left with the older teen.