CH1 - Return To The Normal

I woke up, feeling a little better. . . Refreshed and fully charged up like a battery. My upper body rose up from the bed, as my arms stretched around the place. With a sigh escaping from my lips, I turned to the side to look at my lover, only to see him gone. I sighed in disappointment because I wanted to see him before I get ready for the day, but I guess better safe than sorry.

Eventually my brain somewhat started to woke up, and was ready to do my daily routine, but just as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed a little black bird landed onto my lap with that familiar phoenix ring between her beak.

"Good morning to you too." I greeted her softly as I pet her in the head before taking my treasure from her and placed it onto the very finger Hiei had put it on. I feel a small smile graced its way onto my lips as my mind jogged up that one particular memory I had made with my soulmate.

The night we made our promise to each other. . .

I couldn't help but smile even more about that very thought of me and him wanting to have our own little life together one day. . . But then my smile was suddenly replaced by a frown while I got up and thought about my brother's concerns about this relationship.

"But he is a demon Miyu." Yusuke's words once more rang into my mind. "And he also said it once he is clean, he will go back to Demon World." Of course, I knew about Hiei's plan. . .

I was aware that Hiei would want to go back to his own world. A place that he was familiar with. The place that makes sense to him. The place where he can be free and can call home for himself.

A deep sigh came out of my lips as I shook my head weakly before I finally got up from my bed and began to start the day. Washing my face, brushing and braiding my hair with my blue ribbons and then I began to pick up the school uniform. When I grabbed the bandages, I accidentally caught a glimpse of my naked upper body. My hand subconsciously touched my abdomen area where that giant burn mark was, created by Mara Bitch's lightning. Then I looked at my own reflection to see the whole picture for myself out of curiosity.

'My battle scarves. . .' I sarcastically commented to myself, suddenly feeling a little. . . embarrassed and insecure by the marks that I got from the fights since they remind me how careless I can be some times. However, I can't really complain about them because, I am still alive, healthy, and well, they also teach me what to do and what not to do next time. 

That's all that matters here.

'Don't be stupid!' I mentally scold myself before taking a deep inhale and continued to cover up my scarves, Phoenix mark and right eye from sight before I later on get dressed. After that I prepared breakfast and lunch for everyone, before we have to leave for our duties in time. 

I know it should have been prepared the night before, but we were all also still mentally exhausted from the drama we had to endure from that stupid Martial Arts Tournament that we were forced to go to.

"Good morning Miyu!" I hear a voice greet me from behind as I was making the bacon and eggs.

"Morning." I replied quietly with a nod, my eyes still fixated onto the food I was making while I would occasionally take a peak from the coffee that is also in the making.