CH10 - The Reader

After discussing the plan, the one big team split into two groups in order to cover more grounds. The Urameshi siblings went with Yana, Kido and Genkai to scout around while the rest went to find the hole and its creator under Master Yara's supervision.

Once Yusuke and his group got into the depths of Mushiyori City, their eyes met with the many demon insects that were flying around the air along with the demonic energy that brought them in the first place. Miyuki scrunched up her nose at the sight of the many colourful and gruesome looking bugs. Her brother was no exception.

"How can everybody be so calm with all these bugs everywhere?" The Urameshi boy asked as he scanned around the place while leading the group on the walk.

"These are ordinary people." His sister reminded him. "Of course, they won't see them."

"Let's keep the chatter to a minimum." Genkai told the group of teens. "As you can see, we don't have time to waste here." All of them nod in agreement and continued on with their journey inside the city.

Meanwhile with the other group, they arrived at a huge and empty grass field, the spot where the tunnel is currently taking place.

"This is dumb, it's just a field." Kuwabara commented in a scoff. "Are you sure this is the centre of that distortion thing?" He asked as he turned to the redhead who was observing the field.

"I don't see any big tunnel." Botan chimed in as well as she tried to look for the tunnel too.

"Unless he looks invisible it's all just grass." Kazuma continued on. "The psychic's not here either."

"It's here." Master Yara told them firmly as she took a few steps forward and lifted up one of her feet before stomping it onto the ground for a proper look.

"What is she doing?" Kaito asked curiously

"She is looking for the tunnel with the help of Seismic Senses." Ruby explained to the teen with glasses. "Since she can't use her eyes to see, she uses earth-bending to see it."

"So, she sees things though vibration along with her other senses." Kaito concluded. "Interesting. Now at least I understand why she is not wearing shoes." At that Ruby giggled a little.

"Yes, and by this, now we at least know where to look for the distortion and its creator." Kurama said as he and the others looked down at the glass.