CH17 - Let The Show Begin

Hours had passed in such a brief time. The ray of sun shine was shining with it's glory on the beautiful afternoon sky that was mixed with many beautiful and warm colours like pink, orange, red, yellow. Most members of the gang was now at the Urameshi house hold, having a meeting just like they said.

Unfortunately Kaito couldn't make it since he wanted to check on his two comrades first back in Mushiyori.

As the others were trying to find out something with the clues they have, the male Spirit Detective asked took the phone and dialled down Murota's phone number.

It has been like half an hour and Yusuke still held the phone close to his ear in hopes of his ally would finally answer to it. The ringing came from the device for a while now, but after another minute later a voicemail was heard.

"Damn that stupid git!" The Urameshi boy cursed as he placed the phone back down.

"Didn't pick up the phone?" Kuwabara asked as he walked up to his friend.

"No, just the stupid voicemail." Yusuke replied annoyed as he placed his hands behind his neck. "He had probably forgotten about this whole crap."

"I highly doubt something as a traumatic and dangerous life and death situation would be easily forgotten." Kurama pointed out as he was sitting on the couch while Atsuko came into the living room and placed a tray down, with the coffees and teas that the others requested. "He might either try to keep his distance for a while or he can maybe be busy with something."

"Maybe we should check him once we get a chance to go to Mushiyori again." Kazuma suggested. "That's the least we can do for a fellow teammate who might be in danger."

"Let's not jump into the pack of wolves here." Shizuru spoke before letting out a puff of smoke through her lips.

"Agreed." Master Yara spoke as she, her sister, Ruby, and Botan left Miyuki's room through the door. "We can't risk getting into another situation like you all had with the doctor." She, Genkai then sat down. Ruby sat next to her beloved Fox-Demon and took a cup of tea from the tray.

"How is she?" Yusuke asked as he sat down at the table and took the coffee. Kuwabara also took a cup while he and the redhead turned to the ladies, wondering about the same thing they want to know about Miyuki's wellbeing.

"She is alright in some ways." Genkai replied before taking a sip from her cup. "However, I'm not sure it would be okay for her to come along anymore."

"What are you talking about grandma?" The Urameshi boy asked with a raised eyebrow. "Is this the time of the month for her?" His joke met with a slap on the head that he received from the young Grim reaper.

"Jerk!" Botan scolded at the brother figure who never seem to get his timing right.

"Yes dimwit, didn't you say you want to be a better brother for her?" Genkai pointed out with a deadpan. "And so far you aren't doing a really good job."

"Hey, I'm trying to be better!" Yusuke snapped at the old lady. "I really do!"

"Well, try harder dunderhead." His mentor retorted before taking another sip from her tea, calmly, ignoring the death glares that came from her apprentice. Kurama couldn't do much besides shaking his head weakly in amusement and disapproval before turning to his girlfriend and wrap an arm around her. Ruby looked up into her lover's emerald green eyes and couldn't help but gave a small smile, grateful to have him and help her somewhat calm down, by simply being there for her.