CH6 - The Power of Taboo

Right now we were sitting in the chairs of the room in front of Four eyes as Hiei's stoned being was behind me, standing. I silently glare at Kaito who was holding Hiei's soul in captive. The clock was ticking and the air in the room became warmer by seconds. Thankfully my water-bending skills once more saved me from this hot mess by lowering the temperature of my body. Not much but just enough to make things even for me. It might drain me a little later but that's the least of my worries. This also made me realize that we can use our powers freely as long as we follow the rules.

"Ugh, I'm tired of this!" Carrot-Top complained out of frustration. "We're still aloud to talk, right? We can't just say the 'H' you know what word. That's nothing tough." Four-Eyes was not fazed and just calmly turned the page of his book.

"Shuichi, since you two are classmates, what else do you know about Kaito?" I asked calmly, not wanting to deal with Kuwabara's bitching at the moment.

"Yu Kaito." Kurama introduced it to us. "He had gone much attention in our school in lighted his IQ results. His intellect is ranked in the genius level. With some of his scores ranked the highest since the school's inception." After talking, Kaito lifted his nose up from his book.

"Well, that's a round about way of bragging, isn't it Shuichi?" Four-eye asked. "If I'm such a prince then you must be the king since you always beat me in tests."

"Cumulatively yes, my grades are superior." Rosehead didn't deny it. "But in certain subjects, such as language, and literature you far surpass me. You've even published essays on Literally Theory."

"So he's a young genius writer, huh?" The idiot asked in his usual rude and loud way. "I bet we're much cooler than anything of what you've read in a book." He shot it back at Kaito.

"Not really." Four-Eyes replied nonchalantly.

"It's so obvious on what you're trying!" Kuwabara growled through his gritting teeth while wiping away the sweat from his face. "Making us sweat it out in this room until we say your magic word. I mean, it must be a hundred degrees."

"Eighty actually." Kaito corrected. "With eighty percent humidity. I keep my room like this so I could raise my tropical plants. My tributes to Shuichi." While he kept on talking, I stole a small glance from Yana, who was standing in front of the next door still, his eyes watching us suffer to his entertainment. My eye landed onto his pocket. I lifted my hands up and began to remove the bandage and the cover that hid the right side of my face. One hand untying the bandages while the other one was making elegant and careful gestures so Kaito wouldn't notice it. To my delight I see the key lift itself up from the purple haired dude's pocket.

Made out of metal, just as I thought. And before I knew it, the key was out without any notice. I took a glance at the others who seem to be busy with the fridge. Suddenly Yana turned to another direction to look at something else while wiping his nose. Taking the opportunity, I made the key float toward me and right into my hand that was behind my neck while the other one took off my covers.

"Hey Miyuki, you sure you want to remove that?" Botan's voice made me turn to her. She is probably worried about me showing off that other tattoo that is on my face, but I wasn't really since these people already know about my powers.