CH35 - No winners - Part 1

A soft gasp escaped from the Urameshi girl's lips as her entire body went limp and leaned forward, almost falling if it wasn't for her beloved Fire Demon catching her. At first Hiei stared at the girl in his arms in silence but also in worry before helping her sit steadily and straight as he took her face into his hands. He scanned Miyuki with his eyes, but then his dread was replaced with relief when he saw the female Spirit Detective's appearance changing back to her normal looks. Her hair was back to the beautiful shade of night-black and her attire also changed back from her black and crimson one to her pure white and blue colours.

Sadly, the ugly marks on her had not faded, but despite that, she was still alive. . .

Eventually the Urameshi girl managed to collect the remaining strength within herself to lift up her heavy eyelids and reveal her eyes that were now have some shine of life into it.

"H-Hiei. . ." Miyuki greeted her lover, voice sounding exhausted and raspy from the dry throat, but her red eyes were returning to their original brown colours at last. The colour that the Fire Demon missed so much. Hiei let out a small breath before his Jagan Eye finally closed and leaned his forehead against his lover's.

As he was doing that, the Phoenix girl just closed her eyes again and focused on her breath, slowly inhaling and breath out with difficulty since her body feels too weak from Mai's powers.

The Fire Demon not only happy for seeing his partner alive, but once more, the pain in his chest, the emptiness was gone and he felt whole again. . . and hearing her voice again, it gave him a sense of comfort. . .

As the two were leaning against one another, they failed to notice the crimson butterfly that had fallen off of the Urameshi girl's neck, perishing away as it was falling in the mid-air.

The Puppet Master however, saw that happen before her eyes and of course was not.

"Impossible!" Mai cried out, enraged that all her hard work with her chose puppet had gone down the drain. "That can't be happening!"

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble little witch, but even I can see that your spell is broken." Master Yara told her sternly, but also had a small sense of pride that her little student found her will back. "And now, it's your turn to broke you from your own curse." Hearing that, the young Psychic began to panic, fear of losing the only thing that makes her exceptional to the people that had finally noticed her and heard her voice. But then she thought about the incident about her power burst, that finished the people that picked on her. That gave her an idea. . . or more like, she let her anger go loose again. . .

The anger she felt towards her own kind. . . the anger she felt towards her parents. . . the jealousy she had towards her brother, but kept it hidden from the world. . . everything she had kept bottled up inside is now being let out lose. Just like the last time she had done to her tormentors.

However, this time. . . it was different. Those emotions flood through her like a Niagara Fall, but it felt more like a volcano had erupted within Mai. Her energy like lava had ran through her veins, and it increased greatly while the young Psychic filled her mind with one goal. . .