CH37 - Kurama's anger, Gourmet's Guest

Botan lifted her head up with a tired look on her face. When she heard the footstep coming, she glanced at the entrance of Demon Doors and saw the people leaving the darkness.

"Oh, thank goodness you're back!" The bluenette exclaimed before rushing over. "Give me a full report. How did it go?"

"We made it half-way down." Yana informed as he was still carrying Mai. "No one on our side was. . . hurt. . ." He trailed off with hesitation before he sadly glanced at the Urameshi girl's body. The Grim Reaper was a little puzzled at first but the moment she looked where her ally was looking, she gasped in horror.

"Oh god. . ." The blunette girl breathed out as she looked at the still grieving Water-Bender and the Phoenix girl in her arms. "How in the world did that happen to her. . . ? "

"It's a long story, but sadly with no happy ending here." Master Yara spoke up with a sorrowful tone. "And sadly, there is nothing more we can do at this moment, other than hope that Yusuke and the others were able to finish this. . ." Genkai looked at her sister with her heart breaking into pieces as her eyes scanned Yara who was crumbling on the inside. She placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, but she knew nothing in the world will ever erase the painful memories she had to create, even though she can particularly see it with her eyes. . .

'That tunnel will open soon. . .' Though Genkai as she turned to look back at the tunnel's entrance. 'It's time to show your metal Yusuke. . . don't let your sister's sacrifice go to waste. . .' She then sighed heavily as she watched from the corner of her eyes how Botan was helping Ruby with their friend's corpse, trying to find some place where she can lie down for the time being. 'Koenma had the power to bring her back as well. . . but why didn't he do it. He gave a chance to those two brats then why not her. . . ? With honesty she would be a better back up than he is. ' She thought deeply for the moment before her stare got caught by Yana and the once Enemy, Puppet Master in his arms. 'Is that his way of trying to spare Miyuki from his father's testimony? Or could that be that there is something behind his choice that we don't know about yet. . . ?' Deep down she had some sort of gut feeling that was trying to lead her into something, but at the moment, there was no clue on what it is, but she does have a feeling that it has something to do with the Urameshi girl and her Phoenix side. . .

She is not one hundred percent, but she has her theories. . . But now sadly all she can do is wait for the end results. . .

_________________________________________________________

Things had not been going good in our favour so far. So much happened in the past minutes and it's still sickens me. I wish I could do more to end all this, like go over to that bastard and beat him till he is nothing but a lump on the floor, just snap his neck or some shit. But instead, I am here standing with the others while watching Kurama take down that Gorumet guy.

'I had never seen Kurama look this serious before.' I thought to myself as I was worrying about my friend and what he is feeling and thinking at the moment, even though I am literally the shudders because of his cold aura. 'Then again, I can't really blame him for it since what Captain Appetite said could piss off anyone, including me, but how can he win when this guy can read his thoughts?' I am curious on how Fox-Boy will deal with this, but at the same time I don't want him to get hurt because knowing him, he would always test the waters.