CH35 - No winners - Part 2

As time went so was the group's patience, while being oblivious of their other teammates' battle. Anxiety was dancing in the air but everyone kept their worries all to themselves, knowing that panicking over it will not help their situation or find anything in it to move forward.

All they could do at the moment was to stay calm and find a way to beat Game Master who seem to have no knowledge of what is right or wrong, and doesn't seem to question it.

"This is a multiple-choice quiz where in you buzz in to answer." Amanuma began to explain the game and its rules. "Each right answer gets a point and the first to ten wins. If you answer something wrong you won't lose points, but if you make three mistakes, you're disqualified."

"I know." Kaito replied curtly as his eyes was glued onto the screen and ready himself for the upcoming challenge.

"May the smartest brain win the game." The child said with an eager voice while the teen in glasses grit his teeth a little, just before the game starts. As the PNC was setting up the rules the teen with square glasses placed his hands onto the controllers, but before he can get the first question, he noticed Amanuma stepping away a little with his arms crossed.

"Lose your nerve Goblin King?" Kaito asked in a mocking manner, but the little kid doesn't seem to be affected by that.

"You can have this one, first five questions." The Game Master replied with a cocky smirk. "I'll just stand back and let you get the points. If you even know any answers." That really got the trapped group confused.

"That's generous, I think I man knew a few." Kaito replied smoothly before the NPC began to say the first question. However, when the first few words were heard, the teenager stopped it with a button, shocking everyone besides Amanuma in the process. The choices revealed themselves on the screen and Kaito chose one. The correct one in fact.

"But he just read the first word of the question." Yusuke stated with a puzzled look. "That's I failed Sixth Grade Science.

"Well, mine wasn't an act of ignorance." The teen with glasses replied. "There are total of seventeen thousand questions in the battle quiz database. Of those only three begins with In, The, A and Which. The answers are Pororoca, Piranha and Amazon Highway; they're always the letter of the same. Pororoca is always C."

"You've memorized seventeen thousand questions and answers. That's a lot of game play pal." Yana said in surprise while the thought of doing exactly what his buddy did made him give a small headache. "No wonder you never answered your phone."

"He's a video game expert." Yusuke commented with his arms crossed over his chest. "You should see how smooth he is with the ladies."

"Tsk, well maybe smooth enough to get death threats from your sister." Ruby scoffed making the brother figure sweat drop a little.

"Did I mention I don't need a handicap?" Kaito once more kept his mocking tone up, but the little king was paying no mind to it.