Hehehe... Shikamaru Said Duty

I stayed up late that night so I could think of something awesome to say to Sasuke when he left the village. Actually, I didn't do that. I kept deciding whether to try and stop him. Team Seven had became my family, something I didn't have in my old world. I was also busy being scarred from Kaka-Sensei.

"Okay Mika, this should be an easy decision. Just say it in simple words, if a person had to choose between something that could hurt their really dysfunctional family or not hurt the fam-OH PEACHES!" I exclaimed and grabbed the peach off of the counter. "I can't believe Kaka-Sensei told me all about it." I wrinkled my nose. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was about ten and begining to get dark, it seemed like a right time to go to the gates.

The village was definitely more quiet during the night. That didn't mean there was any noise though, it just wasn't as noisy as the day. There were people laughing from bars, some kids beginning to play late night tag, and Pervy Sage was peeping on ladies at the hot springs. It wasn't quiet when he got beat up, it was funny though.

"You seem like you have something on your mind. I'm a bit worried at the sight of that." A voice said beside me.

"PEACH STEALER!" I yelled and was about to throw my peach at them. Thankfully, I stopped in time to see that it was Shikamaru in a blocking pose.

"You don't have to threaten to throw food at me. I was just asking a question." He said and got out of his blocking pose.

"Aw, you're such a sly dog to try to check up on me." I said and put an arm around him. 'Mwuahaha! In your face fan girls!' I thought to myself. "Maybe we could do the nastaaaaaay sometime." I said with a wink and stretched out the word nasty. A slight shade of pink appeared on Shikamaru's face. "Kaka-Sensei told me all about how it works."

"Y-You troublesome woman! Just tell me what's on your mind." He said and didn't make eye contact with me until the end. I sighed out loud.

"Well, I have a tough decision to make. I don't know what to do, because if I don't try then it'll hurt the people who are close to me. But I don't try, I know how much stronger it could make them too." I said to him and finally voiced my thoughts. It was a bit scary to me that I was serious.

Sassy me: Ugh, how do you think I feel when I'm about to say something wise like this? Everybody has to be serious at one point or another for something they care so much about. Oh gosh, I rather listen to nails on a chalk board.

I mentally shuddered after I heard my sassy self be wise. Shikamaru sighed.

"That seems like a troublesome situation. Have you thought about how strong they would be even if you tried?" Shikamaru said, my eyes widened in awe.

"SHIKAMARU YOU'RE A GENUIS!" I exclaimed and quickly kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you so much! Now I'm off to- uh... try!" Shikamaru was left with a confused look on his face while I ran across the village to get to Sasuke.

"How could I not have thought of that before?!" I exclaimed ot myself as I kept running throughout the village. I made it to the edge to see Sakura waiting there. "Hiya Sakura!" I said with a wave.

"Oh, hi Mika." Sakura said a bit worriedly.

"It's okay, I know what you plan to do for Sasuke." I said and held up my fist. "I'll knock some youthfulness into him to make him stay!" I exclaimed and pretended to throw a few fake punches.

"I'm sorry Mika, but this is something I rather do alone." Sakura said seriously. I nodded and turned to go away, then a grin had formed on my face. 'Mwuahaha! Nobody gets rid of me that easily!'. I walked away enough and then walked up a tree. I hid in it and slowly creeped from tree to tree very quietly, until I had passed Sakura enough. A while later, Sasuke appeared.