Chapter 26: adventures

Ashe POV

I rolled over, leaving the top half of my body dangling over the side of my bed. Suddenly a furry head nudged me. I cracked my eyes and saw Talion with his saddle in his mouth. "Eh, okay okay hold on." I said before trying to flip myself off the bed to the floor, only for Talion to catch me on his head before I hit the ground. "Thanks man," I laughed half asleep. He walked to the bathroom with me laying on my back ontop of his head. He gently rolled me into what felt like the bathtub but I wasn't sure...that is until he ran ice cold water onto me. "SON OF AN ORC ASS WHAT THE HELL TALION!!!!" I screamed springing out of the tub freezing. "How did you even do that?!??" I yelled. He looked at me and sat, a low growl came from him. "Okay! I get it! I'll get dressed!" I snapped. I was thankful the water didn't hit my hair so I dried off easily. I dressed myself in simple hunting clothes and braiding my hair and grabbing my bow and arrows. I then proceeded to get Talions Saddle and bridal on before walking to Allistor's room. I didn't even knock only entered...I saw my brother half away...with Luna asleep beside him. "Uh...did things happen?" I asked. He shook his head, "no, what's up?" He asked rubbing his eyes. "Uh just wanted to let you know I'm heading off to you probably know where." I said. He nodded and waved, "be careful." I said. I nodded, "i and went back out before mounting Talion. I secured my legs then went down to the secret exit from the mountain. Once we where our Talion went to a slow walk. "So...how am I to approch asking him about the bow?" I asked Talion, even though I knew he couldn't respond. "Whatever...we'll wing it." I said before sitting up right as Talion took off into a sprint.

Talion was growing bolder with his stunts while running, he jumped over rocks and dodged various obsticals, while staying at a full run, I on the other hand...held on for dear life. I looked ahead and saw the gate. We stood in front of it and took a breath. "Alright, you remember the path Daliu leads us on?" I asked patting Talions neck. He huffs and nodd his head. "Then let's go!" I said before pulling my self close to his body to say on him. He sprints at full speed into the forest.

After almost getting knocked off twice and shrieking from thinking something was right next to me but there wasn't we made it to the gate. The two guards stopped me. "State your buisness." One of them said. "I'm here to visit King Thranduil." I said dismounting. "Nobody enters but by the Kings consent." He said. "If you just ask him I'm sure he will let me in." I argued back politely. "We are not to leave our post." He said straightening his posture. I groaned and tried to think of something. "Then perhaps I should escort her," I heard a familiar female voice say coming from in side. Tauriel made her way through the guards with a slight smile on her face. "You two should know that Princess Ashe is an honored guest of King Thranduil, and always welcome in our kingdom." She said. The guards said nothing but nodded in shame, Tauriel led me inside, Talion was quickly taken to the stables. "What brings you here today?" She asked. "Just visiting." I said with a grin, "I actually have to speak with King Thranduil about something." I said. "Well, he is on his throne, so you know where he is." She said before taking her leave.

I made my way to the throne room with no problem since I've been there before. As I entered I saw Thranduil sitting with his legs crossed and his hand covering his eyes.

Thranduil POV

I sat quietly, thinking about where my son could be...and how I could bring him home. I could hear what sounded like small footsteps but dismissed it. "Are you alright?" I heard the light voice...of Ashe? I looked up to see her standing with her hands behind her back, standing with perfect posture and a curious look on her face. I could see small scratches on her face from the incidents with falling from trees. "Yes..." I said standing. "What are you doing here?" I asked standing. "I don't know, I just came to see you." She said with a grin, though that grin turned to worry. "Is...this a bad time?" She asked. "No, not at all, I have nothing planned for today." I said smiling. She smiled up at me. "Then we can do something!" She said happily. "What would you like to do?" I asked as I walked down the stairs to stand in front of her. "Well, do you ever do anything fun?" She asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well...I mean my taad being the king an all doesn't get time to do anything fun...so you being a king as well I assume it's the same situation?" She asked rocking back and forth on her feet. I thought about it for a moment...she was right...I spent all my time taking care of my kingdom. "Well...what do you do?" I asked curiously. I can only imagine what this small, red haired girl does for fun. "Well...lately I practice archery but on my free time I sometimes go to this place I found when I was little." She said. "What's that?" I asked. "What? The place?" She asked. I nodded, "oh...its...kinda just this place I go to for peace...if I ever really need it. Sometimes my home is very loud and hectic...dwarves..." she said. I cracked a smile, "may I see this place?" I asked. She looked at me surprised, "I-I'm mean...yeah...sure why not?" She said with a smile. "Where is this place?" I asked. She shrugged, "a little ways away from my house...down a hole..." She said, murmuring the last part. "Excuse me?" I asked. "How about I just show you? Yeah?" I asked with a smile. I laughed lightly, "yes. Let's go."