Chapter 9: What are you doing here?

Above is Melody and Liam

Melody POV

I stretched my body in the soft bed, my stomach feeling the smoothness of the silk sheet that covered my lower stomach. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I tossed my feet over my bed to step on the cold floor. I grabbed a nice silk robe and put it on, tying it around my waist. I walked out to the balcony and breathed in the fresh air and grinned. "Hey Melody!" I heard my brother Liam's voice beside me. I looked and smiled seeing my brother waving at me from his balcony. "Hey!" I laughed. "What are we doing today?" He asked. I thought for a moment, "I don't think Lord Elrond actually has anything planned for us today. We can do what we want." I said crossing my arms. "Well, I suppose we could just go and see what we could find to do." He said. I nodded, "yeah, I guess. I still have a bow I need to finish making though so we could do something after that." I said as I began to walk back into my room. "Alright! I'll meet you at breakfast." He said. I closed my balcony doors and headed towards the bathroom to take a bath.

Tygr POV

"B-Beorn?" I stuttered. He looked at me with a small grin. "Hello Tygr, I felt a visit was long overdue." He said. I smiled and nodded before running and hugging my brother. "I've missed you so much! I haven't seen you since the wedding so long ago!" I said tearfully. "Yes, I assume not much has changed? How is Allistor?" He asked. I smiled, "he's very good," I said as it clicked in my head that he didn't know about any of the others. "When are you and Thorin planning to have more kids?" He asked, "well...we actually did..." I said. His eyes widened. "What? When? How many do you have?" He asked utterly shocked. "Well, I have three amazing boys and six beautiful girls." I said with a quiet voice...waiting for him to shout angrily about me not telling him sooner. "That's wonderful!!" He said happily with a laugh. I looked up at him surprised. "Wh-what? Your not mad?" I asked. He shook his head, "of course not, why don't you tell me about them? What are their names?" He asked. I laughed and led him into the dining room for tea so I could tell him all about them. I set a teacup infront of him and sat down. "Well, I suppose I'll tell you them all in order." I started. "You know Allistor, then we had Damien, then Melody, Liam, Scottie, Phoenix and Shaleh, Lily, and our youngest is Ashe." I said. "Why did you say two of them together?" He asked. "Oh, their twi-" I was cut off by the sound of hysterical laughing and running. We looked and saw Phoenix and Shaleh running by laughing with pieces of Allistor's armor. "GET BACK HERE!!!!" I heard my sons voice bellow before he ran into the room as well. "Girls!! Stop!!!" I yelled getting up. The skidded to a stop only for Allistor to run right into them. "Sorry maamr..." They groaned both getting up rubbing their heads. I sighed and looked at my brother then back to the children. "Girls, Allistor I believe you have met your uncle before." I said. Allistor smiled and walked to Beorn holding out his hand. "I have, it's wonderful to see you uncle." He said. The twins looked at me shocked. "Uncle?!?" They asked. I smiled, "Beorn, this is Phoenix and Shaleh, two of your nieces." I said. Beorn smiled and looked down at them. "Whoa...your really tall..." Phoenix muttered then looked at Shaleh. I saw a look of concern go across Beorns face. "THATS AWESOME!!!!" They shouted before jumping up and hugging him. "It's nice to meet you uncle Beorn!!" They said happily. "Uncle Beorn? Who's that?" I heard Damien's voice behind me. I looked and saw him holding Ashe with Lily at his side. "Damien, Lily, Ashe, this is my brother Beorn, your Uncle." I said. They all looked surprised then grinned. "Pleasure to meet you uncle Beorn, I'm Damien." Damien said holding a hand out. "I'm Ashe!!!" Ashe said with a childish giggle making my brother smile. He looked around them to look at Lily. "Hello..." He said. Suddenly Lily's eyes widened before she sprinted away. "Wha- Lily!" I shouted. "What's wrong with her?" The twins asked. "I have no idea...no matter. We will see her at dinner and you two can talk then." I said. Beorn nodded. "Oh...where is Scottie?" I asked.

Scottie POV

"A warg. Of all things, a warg. And that warg too." I listening to my father rant while I sat on the counter in the workshop where we made beds, blankets, chairs and other things like that. "Well, it's not like she could help it." I said while I carved a flower into the wooden bench I was on with my dagger. "I know she couldn't control it...it's just...she's not at strong as the rest of you. That beast takes a turn on her and she's done." He said, he sounded pained at the thought...as did I. "Ai...but taad I think this is one of those situations where you just need to trust that nothing bad will happen." I said. Suddenly as I finished Lily came bursting through the door, panting and red faced. "My child...what's wrong?" Taad asked instantly going to her. "D-do you know Uncle Beorn?" I heard her ask. "What? Uncle Beorn?" I asked, only to be shushed by my dad. "Yes, I do what of it?" He asked. "He's a bear..." She muttered. I formed an o with my mouth. Okay, let me explain this.

So when Lily was little, about five Damien and I took her with us to go fishing. We needed to grab some more bait from our bags so she held onto the pole and waited for us to come back while we left ((bad decision on our part)). When we where getting the new bait we heard, a bear roar, followed by a scream. We sprinted back to the river to see Lily hitting a massive black bear with the fishing pole, crying her eyes out. Damien took his sword and scared it off however it had scratched Lily all up her thigh so now she had scars there. So short story is, we never got any fish, Damien and I got grounded for a year, and Lily became traumatized of bears.

"How do you know he's a bear? And who is he?! When did we get an uncle?!" I asked hopping off of the counter. Taad stood up and sighed, "you've had an uncle...we just never had him meet you because he was very disapproving of your mother and I's marriage. So, we decided to keep you all away until we felt the time was right." He said. "Huh...well...I guess since he's here then the time is right." I smirked, earning an unamused look from my father, and a frightened one from my sister. "What?" I asked.

Melody POV

I sat patiently as I worked on the engraving of my bow. I had been working on it for quite some time now...hardly eaten a thing. I sighed and set down my tools and looked out the window to see the sun beginning to set. "Well...I suppose the rest of you can wait until tomorrow." I said standing and tossing a light small blanket over it to keep it hidden.

I walked out to the garden...and to my delight saw Lord Elrond speaking with none other than Gandalf the grey! "Gandalf!!!" I said happily running to him before hugging him. "Melody! My dear I thought you had gone back to Erebor!" He said with a smile. I shook my head and grinned, tucking hair behind my ear. "No, I still haven't left. I feel as though Liam and I are beginning to over stay our welcome." I said with a small laugh. "Nonsense," Lord Elrond said placing a hand on my shoulder. "You two are welcome as long as you like. You two are lovely guests to have." He said with a kind smile. "Hah, thank you very much. However I think we are going to visit home for a few days. We're feeling a bit homesick." I said. "Then why don't you two come with me? I stopped here on my way to Erebor." Gandalf said. I turned and saw Liam come around the corner. "Liam! Come here!" I said. He jogged over and smiled, "hello Mr. Gandalf!" He said happily. "Hello Liam, I was just telling your sister how you two should join me on my way to Erebor. I'm sure you two miss your siblings and parents." Gandalf said. We nodded, "I wouldn't mind that, I miss everyone." Liam said. "When where you planning on leaving?" I asked. "Tomorrow morning, I came here to rest for the night." He said. "Well, I would love to join you." I said, "as would I." Added Liam. Gandalf smiled and looked at Lord Elrond, "I suppose I'm stealing your guests for a while." He said. "It looks as though you are, will you two be coming back?" He asked. I nodded, "defiantly, there's still so much to learn! And I have a bow I need to finish." I said with a smile. Lord Elrond laughed, "you know, please take no offense to this. However you seem much more like your mother than you do your father Melody, your too kind and polite to be." He said. I grinned, "you haven't seen her when she's mad." Liam muttered. I cracked a grin, "that is true." I smiled. "Well, shall we go have dinner? Gandalf I'm sure your hungry after traveling." Lord Elrond said. "Oh yes, I am. Do you by any chance have red wine?" He asked. I nodded, "yeah! I'll go get some." I said before running off.