Chapter 3: Animal Spirits

(((Letting you all know, Ashe is like 8, not a toddler...just making sure that's clear. She is quite small though.))))

Lily POV

I glided through the sky slightly above the rest of them. "Do you two even know where your going? We're losing the light." I asked. Phoenix turned around. "Yeah I think we do. We where trying to go to that place where the Eagles took mom and dad after dad almost got killed." She said. "Oh, I know where that is come on." I heard Damien beside me before his dragon took off. He easily had the fastest one. We flew through the sky faster than arrows, I looked to my right to see Ashe smiling happily. I grinned, 'I wonder when she's going to get a dragon....she is old enough.' I thought to myself. I looked back ahead to see our destination ahead. We all slowed down and glided there, landing one at a time with the twins going first. "Okay guys you can't stay up here because your too big but stay in the area okay?" Shaleh said before they sent their dragons off. We all did the same until we where all on the rock. "Huh, dad almost died here...weird." Scottie muttered. "Damien, Allistor, you guys should go get firewood." Phoenix said. The boys nodded and went off on their way. We waiting for a little while before the boys came back and lit a fire. We all smiled and joked around waiting for it to become dark enough for the fireworks. I was sitting between the twins and Scottie, keeping an eye on Ashe who was sitting between Allistor and Damien. "When's Melody and Liam coming home?" She asked. "I don't know...soon hopefully." I said. "Yeah, besides for all we know she could be on her way back. Rivendell is whiles away." Scottie said as she pulled some sausage and other meats out of the bag we kept food in. "Wait I though Lady Galadriel's eagles where bringing them back?" Phoenix asked. I nodded, "they are. They aren't walking." I said. I watched the twins look up at the sky then grin at each other. "You guys ready for some epic ass fireworks?! Since we're in such an open space we brought the big ones!" Phoenix said. We all cheered as they set up the first one...which was a Phoenix. It lit on fire while it shoots into the air and flies around. It's Nix's favorite. "Damien! Light it up!" Shaleh said. Damien grinned and flicked a flame from his finger and lit the fuse. We all sat back and watched as it shot into the air, lighting a flame. The twins cheered as did Ashe. I smiled, this one was cool, but my favorite was the flower one. "Hey can we do the rose ignite next?" I asked. Shaleh nodded and pulled it out. We had to wait until the first one was over before lighting the next. They light it up, it shot into the sky and went dark for a moment. Suddenly they sky erupted in light as large flower looking sparks went off. I smiled widely and clapped. I watched them shoot off more and more, watching the bright colors dance across the sky. Ashe's face was overjoyed. "Hey, have you guys every wondered what taad and maamr do when we aren't at home?" Damien asked. The twins suddenly looked at each other and gave a cheeky grin. "No idea~" they said in sync.

*back in Erebor*

Tygr POV

I sat beside Thorin on the arm of the throne fiddling with one of my necklaces trying to get it untangled. "Ugh, this is irritating." I muttered before giving up and setting it aside. I looked and saw my husband reading something Balin had given him. I looked at his focused features then his hair. I then somehow focused on his ear. I love the iron piercing he had in it. I grinned and snatched the paper from his hand and slid into his lap. "Give that back!" He said trying to reach for it though I smacked his hand with my tail. "Can we pierce my ear?" I asked. He gave me a shocked look. "Wh-what? Why on earth would you want to do that?" He asked resting his arm over my legs and his other around my lower back. "Because...I just do. I mean you have to your ear pierced." I said arguing. Thorin shrugged, "sure, why not. We don't have anything else to do since the kids aren't here causing chaos." He said. "Yay!" I cheered before standing up and taking his hand. "Dwalin pierced mine so we'll ask him." Thorin said. I nodded and slightly pulled him along.