Chapter 17: Gifts

Ashe POV

I panted running around the room, jumping over and ducking under obstacles and and firing arrows, hitting their mark every time. As I hit the last one I slid to a stop. There where drops of sweat on my forehead and I was well out of breath. "I must say Ashe, I am unbelievably impressed! You are a natural at archery!" Thranduil said proudly. "Yeah, well my sister is really really good at fighting so I've watched her for many years." I said smiling. "Well, given you look exhausted after six hours of training I say it's time you clean yourself and get a little bit to eat yes?" He said. I smiled, "that's, *pant* would be fabulous." I said. I followed Thranduil out of the room and hung the bow back on the wall. He led me up to the bedroom I was in when I had my injury. "Hey I remember this bedroom." I said grinning. He nodded, "now, you may take a bath and I will have one of my elves place a new outfit on the bed and have yours cleaned for your journey home." He said. I smiled, "thank you very much!" I said gratefully. He left and I quickly ran a bath and took off my clothes. I squealed and smiled. "I can do archeryyyyy!!!!!" I said happily. As I finished taking off the last piece of clothing my bath was ready and I didn't hesitate to slide in.

After I quickly scrubbed the sweat from my body and throughly washed and rinsed my hair. I drained the tub of the filthy water and refilled it with clean perfectly balanced hot and cold water. I soaked down into the large tub until my nose was just above the water. I suddenly heard the bedroom door open. I covered my chest just in case and looked out. I saw a red-headed elven woman. "Hello" I said and grinned. She smiled at me, "hello, you must be Ashe." She said. I nodded, "I am Tauriel." She said. "That's a really pretty name" I said. I saw she looked a little surprised but smiled nonetheless. "Thank you. You did very well in your training. I've never seen Thranduil more impressed." She said. "W-what?" I asked. "Yes, when he came to ask me to help you with clothes and such he was boasting about how you where probably going to be the best fighter he's ever trained." She said. I felt my face heat up. "Why is that...?" I asked wanting to hear more. "Well Ashe, you learned to shoot an arrow like a professional elven warrior in six hours. It took me at least two weeks." She laughed. "Well...just because I happen to be good with a bow doesn't mean I'll be as good with every other weapon." I said. she grinned and shook her head, "I don't know, but for the first time in a while Thranduil is actually enjoying himself training you." She said. I smiled. "Wow...I can't believe I actually impress the king of the woodland realm." I said as I stood and quickly wrapped a towel around my body. "Well, he is not easily impressed that is for sure." She said before handing me a forest green short dress. "Thank you~" I said before quickly pulling it on and she helped me lace it. After doing so we made our way down to the large room with a river running through it, going to the table I sat at with Thranduil the first time I was here. "You look lovely Ashe," he said with a grin as he stood and pulled out my chair. "Oh, t-thank you." I said sitting down quickly. He had redressed himself in his kingly attire. "You look nice as well" I said smiling. He laughed lightly and nodded to me, "thank you." He said as plates of vegetables and salad where placed in front of us. Suddenly an elven man poured wine into Thranduils cup and went to do mine, however I covered it with my hand before he could. "I can't drink that, I'm not old enough." I said. I looked at Thranduil. "How responsible, however half of a glass won't hurt you? You may have some if you wish." He said taking a drink of his. "You'd let me have wine?" I asked. He nodded, I looked at the elven man and smiled slightly. "Maybe...just a tiny bit?" I said shyly. He smiled and poured a small amount into my glass. "That amount couldn't even get a infant drunk. You should be alright." He said. I took a sip and cringed. "A lot...more sweet than I expected." I said. "Do you not like sweet?" He asked. "No I do! I just wasn't expecting it." I laughed. He smiled and began eating, as did I. I stayed quiet as I ate and that seemed to catch Thranduil's attention. "Does something trouble you?" He asked. "Oh, well no I mean...I'm just thinking." I said. "Of?" He asked. "Well there's a feast...more like an all out party in Erebor tonight to celebrate the prince and princess coming home. We all are expected to look very nice but I'm not so sure I have any dresses that are that level of nice...it's stressing me out a little bit." I said taking another bite of food. "Well, if you let us get your measurements then I can have a dress made for you and send it to Erebor before the feast." He said. My eyes widened. "W-what? N-no I can't trouble you for that." I said. "Trust me I do not mind in the slightest. When does the feast begin?" He asked. "Eight in the afternoon I believe." I said. "Well it's only two right now since you got here at seven. That should give us six hours to make the dress and have it get to Erebor before the feast." He said. "Okay" I said. "Let's get your measurements shall we?" He asked. I nodded and stood before following him. We entered a room with lots of lavish cloth and patterns. "Whoa..." I muttered. Suddenly an elven woman came and pulled me to stand on a small circular platform. "I'm going to need to get your measurements so that dress needs to come off." She said. I looked at Thranduil who stood there. I suddenly felt really nervous and the woman seemed to notice that. "Sire, would you mind stepping out of the room for a moment while I get get measurements?" She asked. He nodded, "of course." He said before leaving. I pulled off my dress and she quickly did her work and allowed me to redress myself. "Sire!" She said before Thranduil re entered. "This dress should be done in no time given her size." She said. "Well, then we should begin. Ashe, it is probably time you headed home." He said. I nodded. "I have her clothes, all clean." Tauriel suddenly said popping out from behind the King. "You can change in here." The woman said. I nodded and Thranduil left before I quickly changed back into my clothes I came in this morning.