Chapter 16: Sneaking around

(((Hey! So Since dwarves and Skin-changers age really fast I decided to make Ashe have appearance of about 16 year old! I also never mentioned the ages of the kids. I will be telling you their dwarvish ages because that's what I'm going off for them:

Allistor: 57

Damien: 54

Melody: 40 (dwarvish maturity)

Liam: 40 (three months younger than Melody)

Scottie: 39

Phoenix & Shaleh: 37 ((Phoenix is the older of the two by three minutes)))

Lily: 37 ((two months younger than the twins.

Ashe: 36

I just thought I should tell you a their ages. :3 ))))

Ashe POV

I rolled over in my bed and sprawled out on the other side. I reached and scratched the back of Talion's ear. "Wake up..." I slurred. He huffed and flopped on his side. I grinned and rolled on my back, stretching out my body. "We gotta go to Mirkwood Talion, so get up." I yawned before rolling myself off the bed...and onto the floor. "Ow..." I groaned. I stood and got dressed quickly before looking back at Talion who was awake but looked tired. "I'm going to go talk to my dad and ask if we can go practice riding. I'll be right back." I said as I pulled on a pain of black boots my mother had gotten me a whiles back. I walked out and go the next room before knocking. "Come in~" I heard my moms voice. I go in and see my mother adjusting her shirt and her hair was a mess...after nine kids they still get it on almost every other day, go Maamr! "Is he in a good mood??" I smiled. She smirked and nodded. "Oh yeah~ very good mood~" she laughed just a my father came out of the bathroom with only pajama pants on. I was surprised how my father managed at stay ripped for so long. I had good looking parents. "Taaaaaaad~" I asked cutely. "Yes my dear?" He asked going over to their jewelry box and putting on his rings. A grin on his face. "Can I go practice riding Talion? I promise I'll be back before the sun sets." I said. He glanced at me and then back at my mother. "Tygr it's up to you." He said as he went to his closet. "Yes you can go, be careful, be home before dark, take some food with you incase you get hungry. I don't care if it's just a single raisin just take something." She said making my father snicker. I smiled and nodded. "Thank you!!!" I said before beginning to leave. As soon as I got out the door my father caught me and closed the door so we where alone in the hallway. "Ashe, I know your a smart girl, your mother and I raised you like that. When your out do not go near Mirkwood alright?" He said. 'How am I supposed to learn to fight then?' I thought to myself. "Alright, taad will you teach me how to fight?" I asked. "No! When your older." He said. I grinned and nodded. 'Thought so, I'm still going.' I though. I hugged my father tightly, "I won't, I promise." I said. I felt his arms tighten around me. "Taad...taad that hurts!" I squeaked before he let me go. "Maybe I should send Allistor, Damien and Liam with you...and Kili and Fili..." He said. My eyes widened, "what?! Okay why five of them and you just said I could go on my own!" I said.

Thorin POV

'What if she gets injured...or Durin forbid attacked...' I thought. 'Maybe I should begin training her....I will next week.' I thought. I looked down at my daughter, her emerald green eyes looking at me and a chunk of red hair hanging in her face, she was adorable...bound to grow up to be as stunning as her mother and that worried me. 'What if she got raped...or...or taken.' I thought, I felt my heart sink to my stomach at the thought. "Do not go to far alright? Stay close to the mountain. If anyone or anything try's to attack you, Talion is to bring you straight home as fast as possible." I said before pulling her into a tight hug. I held her for a few moments and then let go. "Have fun...please be careful." I thought. I watched her smile then run to her room. The next thing I saw was Ashe on Talion's back strolling out of her room. 'I'll have a saddle made for her. That wargs bed should be done soon.' I though to myself. She disappeared from my sight and i went back into my room to see Tygr passed out. I missed my children, they where always around me but I missed when they where all so little. I missed when they looked at me like their guardian, always running to me when they where scared. Tygr thought it was cute that the boys always went to her and I one time had six girls crying and clinging to me because of a massive thunderstorm. I sat on the edge of my bed and sighed. I suddenly felt a small soft hand rub my back. "What troubles you my love?" My wife's tired voice sounded. "Do you ever miss when the kids would run to us when they where scared? They never wanted to leave our side?" I asked. "Oh yes...I do. Thorin," she said before she moved and sat beside me, her legs stretched out on ether side of me, her chest and stomach pressed against my back and I could feel her head laying on the back of my shoulder. Her arms snaked their way around my stomach. "Don't think that just because they are growing up that they will not still run to us when they are scared from time to time. We will always be here to protect them and they know that." She said. "However...if you keep them down and protect them to much...they will push you away. That's why you need to loosen the reins on Ashe, or she will run away. I know my child." She said. I nodded, I knew Ashe wasn't spoiled but she wanted to see the world and adventure...very adventurous. "I know, I know. I will, I'm just worried for her, I don't want her getting hurt." I said. "Then teach her how to fight Thorin." She said. Tygr and I made an agreement that if out children where born with skin-changing abilities then she would teach them how to fight like an animal and if not I would teach them how to fight like a warrior. The system has worked so far, just something is keeping me from wanting Ashe to know how to fight. "I will..." I said lowly.