Ch 5: A Proper Knight

Robin POV

I open my eyes and meet the unfamiliar ceiling of my new room. I'm still getting used to opening my eyes to such bright mornings. Why is everything so bright in this world?

I grab my phone and see the time was 10:00am. The meeting was four hours ago and the training probably started by now. I didn't mind though, even after saying that I shouldn't slack off I can always make up for lost time.

I don't remember being this lazy in my past life.

Rachel had already left and her armor was no where to be found. It should have been obvious that she would have already left. Her dream was to be a knight and unlike me, she wasn't gonna slack off.

Nice of her to not wake me up though. After brushing my teeth and changing into a hoodie and sweatpants, I spot a plate on our kitchen table. We're fortunate that our room has a small kitchen and it seems that my roommate had used it.

On the plate was a omelette with a small note next to it.

'Thank you for keeping my secret'

Thank you for breakfast. It was already cold since it was probably sitting there for around four hours but it still tasted pretty good.

With food in my belly I was ready to start the day. After slipping on some shoes and grabbing my sheathed sword, I walk out the door.

One quick greeting to the receptionist at the front entrance later, I was outside. It wasn't hard to find the rest of the group, all I needed to do was follow the sound of swords clashing in the distance.

The group is finally in my line of sight and I see that they are all sitting on a bench next to a small arena. They were sparing, most likely so Michael can see what he's working with.

Michael: "Wayne and Tommy, you two are up next." He calls out on the sidelines as one of the two students in the arena surrenders.

Robin: "Good morning" I say to Michael as I approach.

Michael: "You're finally awake, I thought you said you wouldn't slack off?" He says with a grin.

Robin: "I'll make up for it." I state flatly.

Michael: "I hold you on that. You're next then, I want to see how you do. Go sit on the bench with the others."

I listen to his orders and see Rachel fully armoured up waving at me on the bench. The other people just ignore me, most of them anyways. Rachel was at the end of the bench and someone was already beside her so I decide to just stand next to her.

Rachel: "About time you woke up." She says probably grinning behind the helmet.

Robin: "Thank you for the breakfast." I reply while watching the two guys fight in the arena.

Rachel: "Ah, n-no problem. Was it good?" She says turning her head to observe the fight.

Robin: "It was, did you cook with the helmet on?" I ask blankly.

She starts to squirm in her seat.

Rachel: "S-Since you already know my secret I think I'll be fine to take it off when we're in our room." She says unsurely.

I give her shoulder a nudge with my elbow and point to the guy next to her. If she wants to keep a secret she probably doesn't want people to know she has one.

She stiffly cranes her head to the guy beside her. He was extremely focused on the battle so it seems that he didn't hear Rachel.