Ch 22/Christmas Special Part 2/2: I Remember Who You Are

Markus POV
A bad start to the holidays

Damn it, I'm cold, I'm hot, I feel like shit, there's chocolate ice cream waiting for me, and I'm unable to get out of bed, All because I'm sick.

I thought that having an affinity to fire would keep my body warm, I didn't think a short visit to the city for presents would get me sick like this. That's what I get for not wearing a coat.

This sucks, it really does. It hurts and I'm stuck here alone with my thoughts. A very dangerous companion to be with unsupervised.

It's like I'm stuck in a pit of sludge and the sludge is whispering a lot of mean things to me. A lot of bad ideas that are just oh so tempting.

I'm afraid, I just want someone to be here right now. I need someone to tell everything is all right. Anyone or anything to stop these thoughts roaming my head.

They're my friends, I can't, I won't do it. But my happy ending, it won't matter if I end up alone.

I refuse!

But I'm weak.

I find myself calling for someone's name, someone to save me, but it's not the person I thought I'd be thinking of.

Markus: "Robin...Robin...please help...me." I plead as I squirm in my bed, covered in a cold sweat.

But why would I be calling for his name and not one of the girls? Well, he was the one who first showed me what fun a normal school life is.

Despite only knowing him for two days, I've spent more time with others because of him than trying to reach them on my own.

And he's sort of awesome, he has all the things I should have. But it makes sense, we're different people. He's programmed to be super cool, while I can only blame my own short comings.

I want to be more like Robin Cross.

Are you sure you could provide me that.

???: "I could provide anything you desire." A honeyed voice tells to me in my head.

Normally, people would see red when they're angered. So what does it mean now that I'm seeing purple?

I wish I could ask someone for help, I wish I could be with my friends right now.

Instead, I'm stuck with a voice that's trying to tempt me. I'm resisting it the best I can, since that's what Robin would do, but the offers are getting more and more appealing.

What a bad start to the winter holidays.

Robin POV

It's not the library I'm going to, though that's where she'd usually be, but to Anthony Spillane's room.

Robert told me where his brother's room is, and after a few greetings to fellow students I finally end up at the highly decorated door.

Robin: "Is this the right place?" I ask myself.

I scan the door for a few moments and look at all the drawings and doodles on paper that's been attached to the door. It's like a fridge that's been covered by a child's drawings.

Well these drawings are all really well made. Though they could use some colour.

I knock on the door after a little bit longer and cross my fingers that they're here.

I hear the frantic footsteps of a person who's late for a date from behind the door. Soon the door flys open and man who looks very similar to Robert appears looking very relieved to see me.