The Halloween Treat

Robyn POV

Pumpkin Eve, this world's equivalent to Halloween and a special event in the game that's not supposed to happen until the third year. But since this is real life it happens annually.

And this is the first year I'm actually celebrating it.

With the knocking on the door calling my name, I check the mirror to make sure my costume is good. This Pumpkin Moon, I'm going as Robin, which is to say my old self who died six months ago.

Robin Cross, the student that was remembered as a hero who saved dozens of others and sacrificed his own life to close off the portals and slay a demon. The story is greatly overexaggerated, as was my death, but I seemed to have made more of an impact on the student body than I had expected and as such they inflated the story more than just a little bit.

With the named four, the villainess, her sister, Leticia's fan club, and even Robert all backing up this story, everyone believed it and I accidentally became a legend.

I would have stopped them from doing such a thing, but when you're quite literally dead and six feet under you can't do much. So now I'm stuck having to hear my name be called fondly by random students and pass by the statue of me in the courtyard that was erected so that students wouldn't forget the horrible day.

???: "Hey Robyn! You in there?!" I hear a voice call out to me.

Snapping out of my remembrance I quickly touch up my bright red dyed hair, fix up my tie and straighten out my vest, fling Scarfy around my neck, make sure my glass eye is in place, use Scarfy to grab a serving tray then exit my bathroom.

I make it to my front door and reveal who the first visitor shall be.

Robin: "Lucas? Is that you?" I ask the frilly dressed gal before me.

Lucas: "That's 'princess' Luca to you." He says sternly, then bursts out laughing after staring at me for a few moments. "Gah ha ha ha! The look on your face!" He exclaims.

I rub my cheeks with one hand and poke at my face, nope, facial nerves are still dead.

Seeing my confusion Luca explains himself.

Luca: "You don't need to make an expression for me to know you were stunned, had you surprised right?" He grins, then leans in conspiratorially. "Best part about this outfit, is nobody recognizes me. I mean, who would expect the second prince to dress as a second princess!" He exclaims giddily.

Robin: "Smart." I nod. "And you really seemed to have gone all out with the makeup and everything." I observe his jewel encrusted dress and tiara.

Luca: "Thanks, Grace helped me with it. Your outfit is pretty smart too, normally going as yourself isn't creative but you seem to be an exception." He continues to grin as he looks my butler outfit up and down.

Robin: "Funnily enough, I never got to use this outfit while I was working for Grace. Candy?" I offer using Scarfy to open my tray and reveal a bowl full of candy.

Luca: "Oh sweet, sure." He smiles, taking candy from Scarfy and giving her a curtsey. "You plan on giving everyone in the school some candy?" He arches a brow as he enjoys his treat.

My brows furrow.

Robin: "Aren't I supposed to?"

Luca: "Uh, no? Who gives out candy on Pumpkin Eve?" He chuckles.

Robin: "Oh, I thought that...well, I guess I do now." I shrug.

Luca: "The others will appreciate it, let's go find them." He gestures for me to follow.