Ch 20: A Battlefield

Clarissa POV

It's been a week now since Robin had dropped out and the heat has already died down. People are still trying to speculate what could have happened to the strongest first year but that's only a side topic now.

While most people have gone back to their normal lives, some have yet to recover. I still wonder where he's gone and if he's doing alright, sometimes I even feel lonely if I think for too long.

Even though we haven't talked all that much, I feel like I've known him for longer. I can't help but think of the resemblance between Robin and the boy from my dreams.

Then a notification from my phone snaps me out of my thoughts. I pull out my phone and read the text from Grace.

Grace: "Something came up, I won't make it today. Sorry Clare, I'm gonna have to cancel our plans." Along with an emoji with an apologetic look.

Welp, there goes my plans for today. Maybe I should call Lucas or something, actually, casually calling the second prince is a bad idea.

I get enough bad looks as it is. Even now, just sitting on a bench in the courtyard I can feel eyes filled with prejudice facing my way.

But that won't get me down! Robin once told me to keep my head up at all times! I've worked hard to get where I am now, and I'm not letting that boy's efforts go to waste!

And so I decide to just walk around and find out where my whims take me, I've always lived in the moment. Yet I can't get that mysterious boy out of my head! I'm sure I owe him something and I'm dying to pay him back.

???: "What are you doing so far away from school?" A voice asks me.

Wow, I can even hear him now. That's amazing!

???: "Clarissa? Hello?" They repeat.

Huh, he sounds so life like too, maybe I have been thinking about him for too long. Then I feel someone tap my shoulder making me jolt.

Clarissa: "I've imagined him into existence!" I yelp quickly spinning around.

Then my eyes lock onto a set of dull teal eyes.

Clarissa: "Robin!" I exclaim.

His eyes widen ever so slightly and he quickly grabs my arm and pulls me into an alleyway. Wait a minute, how did I get to the city!

And why does Robin look so threatening right now. His dull gaze begins to pierce me as if trying to warn me to stay in place, and his hand covering my mouth.

Robin: "Scream, and I'll suffocate you with my scarf." He warns flatly.

My eyes widen after processing what was happening and I rapidly nod my head, but suffocate me with his scarf?

He lets go of me and just stares at me for a moment, seemingly at a loss for what to do.

Robin: "So..."

Clarissa: "You're back!" I whisper yell, throwing my arms around the blank faced boy.

Normally Robin tries to avoid me for whatever reason, and I was sure that he'd just step out of the way since he's super fast.

But to my surprise, he allows it and even reciprocates my hug, albeit hesitantly and gingerly, but he hugs me nonetheless!

And the hug reminds me of family.

Robin: "Yeah, I'm back." He says softly.

Clarissa: "Where have you been!" I ask curiously.

Robin: "A different island for a breath of fresh air." He says flatly.