Ch 26: Robin Cross

Third Person POV

A few days have passed since the incident and only the girls affected by it know about it. With the rest of the school completely oblivious, their winter holidays continue.

And where else to start but with the protagonist. He opens his light blue eyes and hops out of bed, just like every other day.

He starts his day by putting on his necklace with a cross, then his scarf, and the rest of his clothes follow. He then brushes his teeth and looks at himself in the mirror to find that his light brown hair is a bit of a mess.

After fixing it up with relative ease he fixes himself a quick breakfast, having to remind himself to only make one portion.

With his morning routine complete, he leaves his room.

The sun is extra bright today, and the whole campus is coated in a thin layer of snow. But even such a pretty scene puts a bitter taste in our protagonist's mouth.

He turns away from the scene and continues to walk. Eventually he spots a pink haired girl in the distance, even though her head was turned away from him he knew who it was.

She is currently looking out the window and doesn't notice our protagonist approaching her.

Nathaniel: "You're up early today." He calls to her in a flat voice.

The girl named Lisa jolts at his voice and quickly turns around.

But instead of her face, he sees a black marker that's scribbled all over her face making it impossible to see anything.  But our protagonist looks as if all is normal.

?Lisa?: "Hmph, I always wake up early in the morning, you just came at a bad time that day." She says with her arms crossed as if to challenge him to disagree.

Nathaniel: "If you say so." He says flatly.

The girl named Lisa keep her defiant glare but begins to fidget in place underneath his gaze, she has his attention, and she's unsure of what to do with it.

?Lisa?: "W-Well, on those bad days when I do wake up late, I-I wouldn't mind it if you were to come by and wake me up. D-Don't get me wrong, I can easily wake up on my own. It's just that..." She continues as she gets increasingly flustered. "Look! Just come by my room in the morning or don't, it's not like I'd care or anything." She says with one last huff as she turns away.

Nathaniel just gives her a nod of neutrality, not feeling much at her act. She's always like this in her scenes, why get so worked up by it.

Nathaniel: "If that's all, I'll be going now. I need to meet up with someone." He says to Lisa who was still turned away.

?Lisa?: "O-Oh, really?" She says not exactly hiding her disappointment.

Nathaniel: "Yeah, so I'll be going now." He says without even an apology, he doesn't quite care enough to give her one anyways.

He walks past her and continues into his destination, as Lisa simply stands there in place. Her scene is over, her actions cease when the protagonist leaves, as it should be.

But the protagonist still manages to sneak a glance back to her, something that doesn't shouldn't happen if he goes with the script.

The protagonist manages to spot her face, without any of the image blocking black scribbles, and she seemed sad. He had a slight urge to turn back, but his feet kept on following his routine.

Yes, this meet up had become part of his routine because this was something he had done every morning, or before at least.

As he walks he passes by a familiar room, one with many drawings on the door. He's in front of a certain black and white haired girl's room, and if he remembers correctly, she should be drawing in her room on this specific day.