Ch 0: New Game+

*Bit of a trigger warning: chapter includes suicide*

Hmm? Who's bed is this? Wait a minute, what am I talking about? This is my bed of course. But why does it feel like it's not?

I open my eyes to the ceiling of my bedroom, the seemingly regular occurrence now feels alien, as if it's the first time it has happened.

I get up from bed and notice a teal coloured scarf sprawled out across it. Instinctively, I pick it up and wrap it around my neck. It was strange to do so though, as it was currently summer.

With the garment now equipped I make my way to a mirror. The moment I lay my eyes on the full body mirror an image flashes in my mind.

It's a boy in a dark jacket wearing a teal scarf, his vibrant red hair dancing in the breeze with his scarf. His face was smiling and just as vibrant as his hair, bright like the sun that shone on it.

It was me, I don't know how or why but I knew that was me. The image disappears as quickly as it arrived and I'm left looking at my current reflection in the mirror.

I see a boy with red hair and teal eyes wearing a scarf that matches their eyes. Then it clicks, I'm currently thirteen and that image was me later on in life. And there was one word that could describe my current face, empty.

The face that looked back at me held no emotion, as if it no longer cared about anything. I attempt to smile, but fail. I use my fingers to lift my lips into a smile which doesn't fix much.

Sure I'm smiling but the eyes that stared back at me seemed dead which just made the smile creepy. I drop my fingers and look at my face one last time.

Empty eyes and a blank face looked back at me.

It looked wrong, like I was someone I'm not. My face looked the exact opposite of the happy image that flashed in my mind. Then even more things start to click. My name is Y/N L/N.

Wait a minute, no it's not. What kind of name is that? My name is Nathaniel Cross and I'm supposed to be dead.

My past life wasn't the greatest to say the least, but I made do, for a while. My parents died in a accident when I was six-teen and I was left alone to take care of my sister, Natalie, who was still twelve at the time. It was hard at first but I worked harder.

I dropped out of school and got a job, I stayed home to take care of the house, and I did my absolute best to take care of my sister and make sure she still went to school. She was all I had left, I had to do all that I could for her.

I'd never forget the day when my sister smiled for the first time since the accident. When I saw that smile I knew that everything was going to be okay.

But life is unfair. Some years later another accident occurred and this time it took my sister's life, leaving me all alone.

I remember going through my days like a programmed robot, living life doing the same thing on repeat. Wake up, eat, take care of the house, and sleep, over and over again.

Nothing was new, everything I did and thought felt the same, including how I saw the world, pointless. It was when I realized this did I adopt the blank face I saw in the mirror.

I stopped doing anything outside of my routine because I saw it as pointless. All I needed was my routine, and I never faltered from it until one day.

I was cleaning the house at the time and I decided to enter my sisters room. It always hurt having to remember that my sister was gone, so I never wanted to go to her room. Yet there I was.

I saw a monitor connected to a computer and the memories hit me like a freight train. When our parent died my sister stopped going to school and would spend most of her time playing on the thing. Nothing I did would be able to pull her away from it. So I thought 'if you can't beat em, join em'.