Finale

26k Words

ACT I [Coward]

Markus POV

This was it, there's no turning back now after this. I was feeling all kinds of things right now. Like my heart is about to jump out of my chest with excitement, but I'm also extremely nervous. Not to mention guilty.

After being too much of a coward to tell the truth to Robin I just can't shake off this terrible feeling. I avoided him for so long, I've asked him such stupid questions about our friendship, all because I feel so inferior to him.

I'm such a coward, a damn coward. He still says I'm his friend even though a coward like me really doesn't deserve to be.

After this I'll tell him everything that I have pent up, I have too if I want to stop being a coward, and start being a real friend after this.

*BANG!*

Was that a gunshot?!

My head spins towards where I heard it, the direction I had just left. Robin must be over there, meaning there's no need for someone like me to interfere with his hero business.

*BANG!*

Another gunshot. I begin to hear screaming and a group of guards in their bulky armour clank by. What the hell is going on?

Is this some kind of game event for the female protagonist's story? Suddenly, a high pitch ringing fills my brain.

Oh god, my head feels like its splitting open again. Luckily I've gotten used to it by now and I'm able to hold back screams of pain.

My vision's turning purple again, I won't let you win!

Markus: "Get out of my head!" I scream out, clutching both sides of my head and keeling over.

Finally, it begins to fade away and I regain my vision. I did it again Robin, I held on, I'm not just a weak nobody ya hear?

Grinning at my own accomplishment, I begin to wonder if maybe Robin has some kind solution to this. No! Stay strong Markus, you're a protagonist, you can't just rely on your friend's help all the time. He has his own story to deal with, you shouldn't bother him.

At least, that's what I've been telling myself for the past few months after these headaches started popping up.

Shaking my head, I start to worry about Robin and the others, but still hesitate on moving to go help them. If this is part of their story then it's even more reason for me to not interfere.

Sighing at my own indecision, I start to walk away. Besides, I still need to go-

Markus: "What the fu- woah!" I scream as a hand tries to grab through the a small dark circle with electric purple electricity lining it.

N-No way...

Markus: "D-Demons?!" I exclaim as I fall backwards and the portal begins to expand.

Through it walks a small red demon with a pitch fork, an imp. The small creature walks towards me letting loose an endless amount of high pitch giggling which becomes the only thing I'm able to hear.

My body was screaming at for me to run away, but I'm frozen in terror. I'm not supposed to encounter any demons until halfway through my story, and Robin's story has an invasion so early?!

Markus: "G-Get away!" I yell at the ecstatic looking demon.

It does the exact opposite of what I say, and jumps towards me with it pitchfork raised to impale me. Robin help!