Ch 12: The Mob Life

Robin POV

I've already seen how others react to the villainess in game but I find it rather interesting to see it in person. As we walk through halls everyone makes way for her, even some of the teachers. Though when we pass by them they look at me with sympathy, I wonder why.

After only seeing girls for a while, I realize that this is the girl's dorm and I start to get uneasy. Why does it seem like the female leads already hold a grudge against the villainess?

I have some time, I should just try to think about the game and the things I know. That way I can plan ahead and ignore everything around me, specifically the stares.

Clarissa Noelle, also known as the female protagonist trips on the road scrapping herself in the process. At that moment the player learns she has the ability to heal wounds with magic. Then she hitches a ride with a fellow student unbeknownst to her the he is the second prince, or the main male lead in her story.

Ignoring the change in her characteristics I saw first hand that it went smoothly. As smooth as it could have been with a random mob, me, with them. She then goes on to complete her exam, or the tutorial in the player's case, and enters a class.

This is where it gets worrisome. Depending on how well the player does on the exams/tutorials they can get put into one of three classes, B-Class, A-Class, and S-class. This can be seen as setting the difficulty for the player. Not only does it effects the combat, but it also changes the layout of each character.

If Clarissia is put into A-Class then so do certain male leads. But that was in the game where everything followed a script. It's obvious by now that every single protagonist, leads, NPC's, and mobs have their own free will and story. So I doubt Clarissa's exam result will affect others, which could be bad.

If a male lead just never ends up interacting with the protagonist then the story is possibly done for. Every single interaction made with any of the leads will affect the end you get. If one brick is removed the entire building will begin to crumble.

Since the villainess is involved with almost every scene with the protagonist I will also be there hopefully guiding the story from behind the curtains. The exam/tutorial rule also applied to the male protagonist in the game.

Speaking of whom, I haven't met him yet. I'm not sure how different he is now but I do know how his story is supposed to go.

Son of a royal knight and a high ranking mage, he lives a comfortable childhood and is trained by his parents. A very different backstory compared to the female protagonist's story that is filled with hardships.

His parents decide to send him to Omnis Magica Academy and there he meets various girls all of whom have problems that the protagonist helps solve.

Their full story can't be triggered unless the protagonist chooses their route but after I met them all I know that the game rules don't apply there. They all have something to deal with whether the male protagonist chooses to help them or not.

The protagonist doesn't have much character development throughout the game since he already has it all. Looks, status, skills, money, but all of this makes the player feel powerful so tend to leave a good review. His story focuses on the development of the girls, rather than himself.

Whereas the female protagonist develops her personality beside the male leads who are quite similar to the male protagonist in terms of status and belongings.

They're mostly well off with little to no problem with their own life. For them their story goes as followed. They meet the female protagonist and slowly fall in love with her and her resolve against the evil villainess who always seems to get in between them. Grace actually plays a key role in getting the protagonist and her male lead together.