Ch 9: -Tend to Catch Up

Yukio POV

Here I am, atop of a snow covered mountain at the very tip. I stand and stare at the horizon as the sun slowly rises.

It's windy up here and the cold flowing wind shows me a set of images in my mind.

The first image shows an old lady and a boy speaking to each other. The old lady smiles while the boy is faceless. The old lady seems to be happy about something the boy had said.

Then the image shifts.

It shows a small airship just leaving the port. On the ship stands a boy talking to a man, and he doesn't seem to notice that on the port is a girl reaching out to them.

Then the image is blown away to be replaced by another.

This one shows a girl dangling her legs off an edge while dark tendrils creep up on her from below. Her head is turned to a boy behind her who reaches out to her while he himself is shrouded by an even greater darkness.

The image shifts one last time.

It shows many girls who are faced with many paths. For some of them, their paths end with them standing beside a boy who wears a smile. The other's paths lead to a pit where if they were to fall into it, they would be skewered by the tips of the flags that lie within. Six of them turn their backs on those paths and face a different boy who has his back turned to them.

That boy walks towards a shadowed path that has an untold future. Oddly enough the six girls run from their bright futures and towards the boy. For some reason, I feel as though the rest of the girls would eventually do the same.

Teal coloured threads come from the boy and they wrap around every single girl. The boy seems to be the reason why the girls are turning their backs but he doesn't even realize it.

Then I wake up from my dream.

Reality

I wake up with a gasp and realize I'm seated in a chair. Then I notice an even more important fact, Robin's face was very close to mine.

Yukio: "Wh-What are you doing?!" I shout as I push him back.

He was sitting on a chair and I seemed to push him a little to hard, because he falls backwards in his chair.

He hits the ground with a *Thud* and I get up to check on him.

Yukio: "Oh my god, are you okay?!" I ask as I look over the chair.

His face is expressionless, as usual. There wasn't even a hint of surprise when I pushed him.

Robin: "Yes I am, but you surprised me with that." He says as he lays there motionless with his arms in the same position they were in when I pushed him.

I guess he just doesn't show it. Again, he must be really good at poker. I pull him up along with his chair and he sits in front of me again.

Yukio: "W-What were you doing with my face?" I ask as I try to suppress a blush.

I refuse to believe that I'm blushing again at such a simple question. Could he have been...

Robin: "I was disinfecting your cheek." He says flatly while holding up a cotton swab.

When did I become such a pervert.

Yukio: "O-Oh, sorry for pushing you." I say awkwardly scratching my cheek, "Ow."

If he was just now fixing me up then that means I wasn't asleep for that long.