Epilogue: Not Just The Side Character

Third Person POV

Approximately five hours, that's how long its been since they had last seen Robin. The girls have yet to leave the small camp made just outside the barrier to take in the evacuees, despite the requests of the elite demon hunter squadron that had arrived six hours too late.

They had taken their anger out on them at first, as did so many others, but deep down they all knew no one but the demon was to blame for this incident.

The girls only ones left there now, everyone had left a long time ago, most had after they had been evacuated and checked up on. From the stories told by those survivors and firsthand witnesses of today's event, this day would become forever known as the ballroom massacre at the Omnis Magica academy.

But the future of the academy was unimportant to these girls, only the future of a single red haired boy who decided to stay behind. They can't understand why he would do such a thing, after struggling for so long just to turn back at the finish line.

They are angry, terrified, and anxious beyond belief waiting for the boy to reappear at the exit after the barrier has come down so they can finally be together again.

But as time goes on, a sinking feeling called despair grows within them. They saw how many demons and monsters through the door, and the thought of Robin being surrounded and killed by them terrified them into silence, it was deafening.

In their small group, someone finally decides to say something, but not to any of them.

Clarissa: "I-I should have known he was gonna do something like this." She breaks the silence, red rimmed eyes after having no more tears to cry after the first few hours.

Lisa: "Shut up..." She mutters.

Clarissa: "He was acting...strangely as he was running to the exit." She continues, not hearing Lisa's words.

Lisa: "Shut up..." She says again, louder than before.

Clarissa: "And...And then he asked me to heal him...I should have known." She sniffs looking at her hands as if they've been stained with blood.

Lisa's frustrations have reached a boiling point after having been on edge this entire time, and she's been waiting for an outlet to show themselves. At this point she doesn't care about what the form of her outlet is, she needs to yell at something, even if it's her own grieving friend.

Elizabeth: "Stop talking already!" She shouts before Lisa can, having a very similar thought process to Lisa. "No one wants to hear what you have to say!" She continues, tightly gripping the air in her palms until her nails dig into them.

Clarissa flinches and looks downwards, bringing her knees to her chest and burying her face in them, silently beginning to sob. Having to separate from her brother for another lifetime has almost broken her beyond repair, but his reassuring smile from both this life and the other manages to keep her together, even if by only a small thread.

Lisa sends a fierce glare towards Elizabeth, annoyed not for the sake of Clarissa's but her own. Having nothing to take her anger out on she decides to take her anger out on Liz instead.

Lisa: "As if listening to your voice is any better." She shoots her venom filled words.

Elizabeth: "Oh shut up, princess. You're the one who refused to stop screaming about saving Robin for an entire hour, we're sick and tired of your voice too." She glares back.

An argument ensues, most of the girls doing their best to ignore it. Being the fiftieth one that night, between no specific person, they've gotten used to it in their short time.