Ch 16: A Breath of Fresh Air

Robin POV

I'm one day in the sky with the wind in my face and the school put far behind me, I sail across the clouds using Robert's ship.

I appreciate him giving me his airship and I'm glad he taught me how to fly it. I'm not sure how else I would have gotten away from...everything and anything.

It feels...different up here behind the wheel. I've always been the one to lean against the rails and observe the clouds while Robert laughs at his own jokes trying to make me laugh.

This feeling is called nostalgia I believe, something I felt looking at the people I've met. I say I'm living for myself and my goal, but that's not true, I've been helping those I can to ignore the empty part of my soul.

Reason to be, something I lost once I lost Natalie.

Then my mind flashes back to the four female leads, they said they loved me, the me who helped them in order to run away from my problems.

In the end, I only used them as an escape, then threw them away when I thought I finally had the drive to follow through with my goal.

Yet they said they still loved me, they shouldn't dammit. Not even because of the story, but because of who I am. I'm a coward who only helped them for his own selfish desires.

I let out a large sigh, I shouldn't think like this. Or else I might just find out what's underneath the clouds below me.

I set the ship to auto-pilot and walk down to the captain's cabin, Robert's room that I've now inherited. That sounds wrong actually, Robert is neither dead or my father, I wouldn't be inheriting anything from him. The sword doesn't count since it was a gift.

I plop down on my bed and check my phone. There are new texts from each of the female leads, how'd they even get my number.

I ignore them all and click on Grace's message.

Grace: "My daily question! What do you plan on doing now?" Her text reads with an emoji with star eyes.

Even though I'm gone now, I'm still technically under her employment. So I answer her question truthfully.

Robin: "I do not know." I reply to her.

It isn't long until I get a text back, and it starts with a pouty face from Grace.

Grace: "Hmph, that's not a fun answer."

Robin: "Sorry, milady."

Grace: "Don't call me that now! You're no where near the school anymore." She replies with another pout.

Robin: "It was a joke." I try to explain, even in texts my jokes fall flat.

Grace: "Oh, well somehow even over our texts I can imagine your monotonous voice."

Robin: "That's no surprise to me."

Grace: "Class is about to start, talk to you later!" She texts with a picture of her blowing a kiss to me in a selfie.

In the picture I see Clarissa smiling and waving at the camera, I doubt she knows who Grace is texting. That's just the kind of girl Clarissa is.

Now that I think of it, me not being in the school means that the story will progress with our any problems. It's a win-win, I'm away from the story and the story is away from my interference.

I'm still glad that Grace let me go quite easily, the discussion along with other things went well.

One Day Prior to The Present