Ch 28: A Productive Night Out

Drunken Robin POV
Moments after Lucas falls off his chair

Eh? Where did Lucas go? He was just here a moment ago. Maybe he went home to do second prince stuff, whatever that means.

And yikes, this guy on the floor looks dead drunk right now, he's passed out on the floor and everything.

I bend over to attempt to help this blond haired regal looking boy, but I spot Markus stumbling out of the washroom with a silly grin on his face. It hasn't left him since he got Angela's number.

I hope he ends up using it, if they get together that's even better. I just want my friend to be happy.

In the midst of my thoughts Markus finally reaches me, and almost falls forward. Luckily I'm just in the right spot to catch him, at the cost of accidentally stepping on this random guy's stomach.

Drunk blondie: "Gufawk." He cries when he gets stepped on, I don't hear what he says properly so I choose to pretend he didn't say anything.

Markus: "Robin Robin Robin." Markus says with a chuckle as I steady him.

Robin: "Yeah, that's my name, don't wear it out." I attempt to joke.

Markus: "I realllllllly love you bro, y-you and *Hic* Lucas are like my besssstest friends." He laughs as he takes the seat the blondie fell off of.

Robin: "That's really nice, but you should save that love for Angela, you need all the love you can muster to keep a girlfriend." I nod sagely. "So it's hard to figure out how much you need for..." I start counting my fingers as I mumble the names of the girls. "*Hic* At least five of them." I say after giving up on trying to count my spinning and multiplying fingers.

Markus: "Heeheehaha, you and your jokes Robin." He laughs. "But seriously though, I was suuuuuuuper jealous of you at some point because of the girls that surrounded you." He says a bit more solemnly.

Robin: "Really?" I ask instead of pointing out every single problem that almost made me go insane.

Markus: "Yeaaaaah." He stretches the word with a sigh. "I was super obsessed with the 'Named Four' and I wanted to be the one who they surrounded." He says a bit longingly.

Ah, the consequences of my actions, how are you today? I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach as I think about the life he was supposed to live, either that or I was about to throw up.

Robin: "I accidentally stole all of the guy's dream girls huh, it's not like I meant to do it but I guess I still feel bad." I say looking down.

Markus: "Ahhhh don't be man, you're the only one out of an entire grade of guys who was able to capture all four of the school idols in our year . Everyone else can just suck it, it's their fault for not making a move." He says passionately on my behalf. "But even if they tried, those girls seemed to have eyes only for you. It's like you met them before or something and changed the story." He says lazily.

I feel my drunken mind start shooting off red flags but that was probably just the alcohol.

Robin: "Not on purpose." I reply quietly.

Markus: "Ah! But back to what I was saying, I was jealous of you only in the beginning, then a little bit later when I figured out those girls had a crush on you. To be completely honest, I felt like I was gonna become one of those cliché antagonists who are dicks because he didn't get what he wanted. But I'm not like those cliché antagonists at all! I'm a reincarnated person who's the hero!" He declares as he raises a hand and sways on his chair.

The bartender takes it as a sign for another bottle of beer and he slides it over into his hand.

Robin: "You talk funny." I say flatly with some very slow blinks and a few polite nods, it was easier to just accept his words than dwell on it with a tipsy mind.