Chapter 50 : Powerless

Yue's POV

For a certain reason , Ambrose had never been looking for me for several suns. Which was good of the fact I wouldn't get injured and harassed by a man , but the bad fact was Sinex. She kept me stayed in the chamber,  making sure I can't get out , plus the help of tight security.

I'm literally Juliet guys! I'm stuck in a freakin room , no company of books or anything! I literally in this room , doing nothing!

But does Sinex even know....

I have a freakin balcony in my room!

So for the rest of the night,  I jumped down from the balcony , wandering around the garden , or maybe climb up a tree to observe the sky , trying to find Daemos from afar. I was a completely trapped woman by a freakin....what's that word again.... Yes , yandere prince , who killed his own mother and servants in his own hands.

But everything changed within one morning....

I was glaring at the sky that was painted with purple and gold mixed colour and my mood was immediately messed up when I heard that most annoying voice and a sound of doors slammed open.

"Good morning my rose!" I looked at Ambrose who walked in with the puppet below the door frame behind him. He pulled me over with the help of control and hugged me by the waist. "You seem annoyed. Anyone came here before me?" "Sinex?" He immediately smiled and caressed me by the forehead. "Oh rose , she just looking after you for me. She did a great job , didn't she?" "She literally trapped me here for suns. You called that a great job?" I scolded him and his face turned darkened for a second.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer , leaning to my ear and whispered "I did that is to protect you. I ain't want your Prince Asch mess around with my bride." But he soon turned back to his creepy smile. "So , I'll show you what I have been up to for these lonely suns of yours." He said while put his arm on my shoulder , leading me out of my protection bubble.

"King Ambrose! And...General Yue , what brings you here sire?" After walking bunch of spiral stairs, tunnels of torches and guards , we made our way to a secret basement that was covered with completely vines and metals. There are containers filled with dark liquid like whatever I saw when I touch that spirit collar around my neck suns ago and....a pair of huge metals with two gigantic holes beneath it with layers....

"I'm showing my wife around and showing how are we going to win this war. If you mind , Sir Joe?" "Ah yes,  you see General. I have the thought of "Why if we had a power to make Dargons flew to Daemos since it's going to be ours anytime? So I invented the booster!" He announced which was quite confusing.

"And why is that?" "Dargons with wings were interested by a lot of Daemos and they cut off their wings for experimental tests. In order to protect them , King Ambrose had suggested a spell or machine to make this island move to Daemos. And easier to unite the 2 kingdoms as we conquered them." I gone a bit bored by the entire explanation and decided to look at the liquid.

I looked closer to it by touching the heated glass container but it surprisingly flowed through my fingertips , making me feeling more energetic as old times. I tried testing it out by forming a shadow lady dancing on my palm which somehow reminds of Asch and I dancing back in Enchantia.

"What did you do to the spirit vines?!" I looked at Wizard Joe who grabbing his white hair and looked at the pure white liquid. "She wouldn't do anything would she?" I looked Ambrose's arm that's back on my shoulder and secretly form a shadow hand and pushed him down.

"Ugh , Guards! Don't just stand there , get her!" The guards pulled out ropes and tangled me up. "She has dark magic?! That's incredible, just let me..." Joe walked towards his potion table and grabbed the needle once more , injected it hardly into my neck , making me felt less energetic once more.

"Her magic had the ability to activate the booster,  my lord! She's a saviour on my search!" Joe said excitedly while inserting the magic back to where it belongs and pulled down a lever. Suddenly black magic mist was exited out from the boosters and the entire island start rumbling.

"It works! It actually works!" All of his workers shouted for their success while I was gasping for air....

From my powerlessness......

Rhys's POV

I was being busy in teaching Ava more about Daemos to disguise her and making healing potions to heal the injured warriors.

Everything stopped me when this such news spread around the palace

"Did you feel Dargons was getting closer to our Daemos these days?" "I feel the island was moving." "They must have a strong source of magic to do that but they don't actually need humans to restore magic. They're never lack of sources."

Until Lady Grandma called me up to the curtain wall.

"Rhys , what's that afar? Can you help this old lady to examine it?" I looked towards the direction where there's a black spot coming towards us slowly. I frowned and saw a flag with a dragon head and rose patterns sewed on flying in the air.

Dargon

The rumours are true....

"They're slow , but could catch up to us any day. The white haired friend of yours told me they wouldn't activate their spell in the night which was actually a good thing." Leif even noticed it already?! How come I have no idea about it?!

"The high council was panicking right now but the people of Daemos have no clue yet. As the day comes , we had to tell them the truth. The dragon friend of yours did gave us some help on the magic crisis. She at least left the human souls as we banished her on our lands."

"But whatever that can move Dargons, that's a very powerful source of magic." "Yes. And we must obtain it. This war meant everything to Daemos , especially to Asch's father," Lady Grandma walked to me and put her hand by the shoulder, "When I was a child , I had a vision of a black Phoenix. Uniting 2 lands , finishing off the Great Tudor war. It's so powerful that it blurred my vision."

A very...peaceful dark Phoenix....

"What happen then , Lady Grandma?" "I awoke of course!" She chuckled as my brain stopped for a second , thought there's a back story of it. "O....kay..." "*sigh*You better head for healing stuff while I'm going to attend more boring meetings." She said while walked down the stairs with her staff slowly.

But....

What's the purpose for telling me such visions?....

There's gotta be something.....

I looked back to the Dargon kingdom where it braked at its position since its dawn already.

I sighed and walked back to the royal library , continuing my temporary healing job.