« 4 0 »

still with a mild headache, jungwon woke up after he heard two persons talking inside his room. he opened his eyes and saw that jay and heeseung are having a conversation.

the two seemed like they were trying to lower their voices to prevent waking jungwon up, but obviously, they failed.

jungwon sat up, stretching his body a bit, and massaging his head. jay saw him and immediately went beside the younger.

“hey, how are you? you don't have to get up, jungwonie”, jay muttered, slightly caressing jungwon's back.

“what is he doing here?”, the younger asked, referring to heeseung who stood up from the mini couch in the room.

“he wants to talk to you”, his husband answered, and he immediately shaked his head. “no?”

“no, i won't ever talk to him again. he doesn't deser—.”

jungwon was about to rant again, but heeseung suddenly spoke with a such hurt voice. “i'm sorry, yang-yang. i'm really sorry. you were right, i should have told you those things that had something to do about your mom's safety. please, listen to me for the last time. one last time, jungwon. i'm begging for one last time.”

jungwon looked at his husband beside him. his eyes were telling something, it was as if those were asking jay if he should talk to heeseung or not.

“i talked to him when you were asleep. even mom and dad asked him somethings, and it seemed like he had really nothing to do with your mom's death, jungwonie”, jay explained. “you should talk to him. i'll leave and give you two some privacy—only if you would like to, though”, he added.

the youngest of the three thought for a while. there was a part of him that's telling him to never talk to heeseung again, since that guy really messed up. his mom could have been saved, only if heeseung told them that someone was already planning to kill her and take her company.

did he do something to warn mrs. yang or jungwon atleast? no.

meanwhile, there was also a part of him that's telling him to let heeseung talk and explain himself. honestly, he's still really confused, and he thinks that once the older had already explained his own point of view, he would be able to somehow understand heeseung.

slowly, jungwon nodded his head to jay. “we'll talk, hyung.”

his husband also nodded and stood up. “alright, i'll be back later”, he then faced heeseung. “you do know that there's a lot of security guards outside, right? try to harm jungwon, and i'll harm you myself.”

“yah! i thought you trust me already”, heeseung muttered.

“you thought”, jay said, smirking a bit. he looked at jungwon and finally left the ex-lovers inside the room, which was immediately filled with silence.

“so?”, jungwon voiced out, staring back at the older who had an unreadable facial expression. soon, heeseung walked and sat beside him on the bed.

the younger felt uncomfortable, but he didn't say anything, though. he just let the older sat beside him.

“you got shot that night..”, heeseung said—his voice was almost as soft as a whisper, while looking down on the floor.

jungwon suddenly remembered that particular night. that night when the public acquaintance party was ruined by those armed men. that night when he was expecting to be protected by the guy beside him, but heeseung went missing.

and of course, just like what the older mentioned, that night was the night when he got shot.

“yes, i was shot that night. i thought i was going to die”, jungwon said, chuckling softly at his thought. “by any chance, were you awared that i would be shot that night?”, he asked the older.

“no”, heeseung answered. “your former step-father, mr. nam, told me that he's just going to scared the students, especially you. i didn't expect that you would be really hurt”, he explained.

“how are you connected to him, though? why do you know his plans?”, jungwon asked once more.

“aside from being my teacher, he was also my step-father”, heeseung stated, making jungwon shocked. “just like your mom, my mom almost married that guy as well, and to tell you, i didn't like him from the very start. i knew that there was something off about him, but my mother didn't know that. she was so much blinded by love.”

“for the first few months, we were okay with him. my brother and i almost felt that he was really being a father for the both of us. until one day, he requested something from me. he asked me to court you, and make you fall in love with me.”

“i turned down his request, but he threatened me. he told me that he'll hurt my mom and my brother, and so i did it. i approached you, befriended you, courted you, and had a relationship with you—without knowing his reasons at first”, heeseung explained.

“so, you mean...our love was fake?”, the younger guessed. that time, heeseung finally looked at him and smiled.

“well, that depends on you, though. i can't say that our love was fake, because i really loved you—and i still love you up until now”, the older stated.

jungwon suddenly felt sad. his question definitely depends on him. heeseung loved him before, but did he love the older? he's not even sure.

“you don't have to be sad, hey. it's fine”, heeseung muttered, even though he's tearing up a bit now. he removed his gaze from jungwon and smiled defeatedly. “park jungwon, huh? your new name sounds nice, though.”

he finally knew that we're married.

i'm sorry, hyung”, jungwon apologized. he wanted to say more than that, but he wasn't able to think of something better.

“aish, that's fine”, heeseung chuckled, then tears escaped from his eyes. he immediately wiped them off. “i'm happy for you, jungwon. i'm happy for the both of you.”

again, jungwon felt a pang on his chest. he looked down on the floor, not knowing what to say.

“i admit that i somehow wish that it was you and i, who ended up marrying each other, but of course, destiny is destiny. we are destined to meet, but destined to part ways from each other as well”, the older muttered as he cried. “what kind of bullsh/ts am i saying? haha.”

“i'm sorry again, hyung. i get it now, though. i'm sorry for treating you bad earlier. i am definitely the one who messed up, and not you”, jungwon said.

“no, we didn't mess up. it was that nam-guy who messed our lives up”, heeseung corrected. “promise me that you'll bring him down, alright?”, he then brought his gaze back on the younger beside him.

“i promise”, jungwon said as he looked at the older as well, smiling a bit. he moved slightly and gave heeseung a warm hug, and the older gladly returned that embrace while tears are flowing on their faces.

after a few moments, the two cut the hug and wiped the liquids off their faces while chuckling a bit.

“so, it's really the end for us, huh?”, heeseung muttered.

“what do you mean by end? we can still be friends, though!”, jungwon stated, somehow annoyed by heeseung's choice of words.

“alright. but, i just have a request, yang-yang”, the older said.

“what is it, hyung?”

“i know it doesn't sound that right, but can i kiss you for the one last time?”

| vote | comment | follow |

they're almost fine now, ig?