100

The house is silent apart from the sound of my keys clanking on the hall table as I take off shoes. I press the button to play voicemails as I pad across the linoleum floor to the fridge. A bunch of girls are calling me an asshole for ignoring them. Opening the fridge door, I pull some ingredients out. Then I take a leak, laughing and shaking my dick while listening to them call me a coward, afraid of commitment.

I sit on the couch, naked except for my briefs, and spread some photographs on the coffee table. Thumbing through some head shots, I try to pick one out for the gig I just snagged an interview for. You need to be fearless about self-promotion to succeed as a model, always looking for opportunities that could get you noticed by potential clients. I've been contacting retail outlets to see if they need models to demonstrate products, local hair stylists and makeup artists to see if they need models to practice on. Em is always there to take pictures of me for my portfolio. My efforts have been paying off.

I make dinner because I know Em will be tired after his exam. He looks at me with wide eyes when he comes home and notices.

"Thanks, Brandon..."

I envelope him in a hug, just holding him until he breaks away to wash his hands for dinner.