41

We're at the cabin with my cousins Janie, Rich and Kaleb and my parents, aunt and uncle. The cottage is the same as it is every year. Naked girls. Beer. The smell of coconut-scented sunscreen. Kicking balls around. Campfire.

"Lower," I instruct. I'm showing Emery how to skip stones properly while my dad and uncle discuss construction. My uncle's a build engineer. "How's Aly?"

"So busy. We both have so much going on."

When I get bored, I strip out of my clothes, jump into the lake and start swimming.

"Come on in!"

Em is not too fond of the idea of swimming naked. "Come in! You chicken, Emmy?"

Getting out, I run after him and start throwing buckets of water at him. "You're already wet now."

He chases after me, face red with anger.

When he catches up to me, he jumps on my back and starts pummelling me with his fists, which allows me to carry him into the water.

I lift him up in my arms in all kinds of weird contortions, his weight partly buoyed by the water. Upside down and sideways and bridal style, both of us screaming with laughter all the while, flipping cartwheels, doing underwater handstands, holding our breath, we swim for hours.

One of the neighbouring cottage girls has been giving me the eyes. So I fuck her on my haunches, sitting in the dirt and leaning back against the stucco walls of her cabin. I position her crouched over me with her back to my chest, half-turned towards me with one arm wrapped around my neck. We go at it 'til her parents return.