Chapter 7

Benjamin and Emily at home.

 Justin and Smith are at the sitting room studying with their books, waiting for their mother to return back home since she left them alone in order to meet up with their father so as to discuss about their family problems.

During the time Smith and Justin are at the sitting room studying, In a short while Benjamin and Emily arrives home together as they both enters inside the house with broad smiles on their faces after clearing out all of their differences while they were on their way back home.

After Benjamin and Emily arrives inside the house, then they decides to go directly to the sitting room in order to check out if Justin and Smith are at the sitting room but Luckily when they arrives at the sitting room, they find Justin and Smith studying at the table. 

When Justin and Smith sees their father and mother together with the wide smile on their faces, they both look complete surprised and shock since it's not a long time that they were on the arguments with each other until they ended up fighting but for now they look like happy couples.

"Hello boys, how are you all doing?.", Benjamin walks and goes to his children's table in order to talk to them

Justin replies with a lower tone, "We are doing great daddy thanks."

After Justin's reply, Benjamin goes to Smith and asks him a question as soon as he approaches him, "What about you Smith, How are you doing?."

When Benjamin finishes asking Smith a question, Smith looks at his father fiercely and then he decides not to look at him nor respond to his question due to the anger that he still feels for him after he pushed him on the table and ended up dislocating his shoulder while he was trying to protect his mother from his abusive acts.

Benjamin curiosity perks after seeing Smith's anger and starting wondering while asking himself  questions on what might be the problem with Smith that made him so mad at him since Benjamin doesn't quite remember anything from the day when he pushed Smith on the table. 

"What is wrong son?, why are you like that?.", Benjamin asks.

Smith remains silent and refuses to answer his father's questions and then he decides to take his books and leaves the sitting room heading back to his room. After Smith left, Benjamin looks confused seeing Smith leaving without saying a word to him while wondering what he might have done wrong to his son that made Smith so angry at him.

Benjamin asks Justin, "What is wrong with your young brother Justin,  why did he act like that?."

Justin replies to his father, "Don't you remember, he is still angry at you for what you did to him a few weeks ago when you came back home drunk."

After Justin's reply, Benjamin's face is filled with so much embarrassment and sadness after knowing that he was the cause of Smith's anger towards him, and then he decides to sit down on the coach together with Emily.

"I'm really sorry Emily, I know what I did to you and my son was really terrible and now I'm paying the consequences of my actions. I promise you from now on things are going to return back to normal like before."

Emily replies, "You always say that Benjamin, but at the end of time you don't usually fulfill your promises."

"I promise you this time things are going to be different around here, and we are going to be happy again like before."

After Benjamin's apology, Emily decides to forgive her husband and let go of the past since they have had so many memories together before Benjamin turned to be an alcoholic. 

"Emily what things do you need from me right now?.", Benjamin asks.

 "First of all I need you to pay the house rent to Mrs. Jane because today she came to our house early in the morning very pissed off and she wants us to pay her money as soon as possible."

"Okay I will go to her house tonight and pay her house rent, and also I'm going to leave you some money so that you can buy some food for tonight."

Emily nods, "Okay."

 After Benjamin and Emily are done talking, Benjamin then gives Emily some money for food, and then he decides to leave the sitting room heading back to his room in order change up his clothes, leaving Emily at the sitting room counting money.