Chapter 46

The house Tenant

It's 11:30 am in the morning Emily is at her sitting room doing some cleaning during the time Justin and Smith are at school, while Emily is doing her cleaning in her sitting room then she hears her front door knocked from outside so hard while Emily is at the sitting room, Emily drops down her bloom and then goes to the front in order to open it and see who is knocking from outside the door

When Emily opens her door she then sees the house tenant waiting for her outside with a fierce look on her face, Emily then greets the house tenant,

"Good morning Mrs. Jane"

The house tenant replies to Emily, "Good morning"

"How are you doing today?"

Mrs. Jane replies to Emily with a fierce look on her face, "Not great"

"What seems to be the problem Mrs. Jane?"

"Where is your husband Emily?"

"He is not around Mrs. Jane"

"Okay Emily when he returns back home today tell him to see me at my house this evening"

Emily replies to the house tenant with the Sad look on her face, "Mrs. Jane I don't think Benjamin will return home anytime soon"

"Why?, Where did your husband go?"

"I don't know Mrs. Jane because it has been a week now since he left us home"

The house tenant then asks Emily a question, "So if Benjamin is gone who is going to pay me my rent for this month?"

Emily asks the tenant, "I will Mrs. Jane how much does it cost?"

"It is 1500 US dollars"

Emily startles in surprise and then replies to Mrs. Jade, "What but that's too much for me to pay how are you going to expect me to get that kind of money?"

"It's none of my business Emily but you will have to pay me my rent by the end of this week"

"But how will I be able to find your money within this short period of time"

Mrs. Jane replies to Emily, "Figure it out"

"Sorry Mrs. Emily but I don't think if I will be able to pay you in time by the end of this week"

"If you will not pay me on time I will have no choice but to throw your stuffs on the street the choice is yours"

Justin and Smith then arrives back home from school while carrying their bags on their backs and when they arrives at their house Justin and Smith then greets Mrs. Jane,

"Good afternoon Mrs. Jane"

Mrs. Jane replies to Justin,"Good afternoon"

Mrs. Jane looks at Emily and then says goodbye to her,

"Emily I think we have understood each other on what we have discussed today"

Emily replies to Mrs. Jane, "Yes I have understood you Mrs. Jane"

"Okay if you have understood me then I have to go I will see you next time"

Emily replies to Mrs. Jane, "Okay"

Mrs. Jane then leaves Emily's house and returns back to her home with her car, When Emily returns back inside her house Justin then follows Emily and then starts talking to her,

"Mom what is wrong?, what did you two discussed about today?"

"Son we have to work hard from now on and find a way to pay Mrs. Jane house rent by the end of this week"

Justin replies to Emily, "But what seems to be the problem Mom what did you two discussed today?"

"Mrs. Jane wants her house rent for this month and she also said that if we will not pay her by the end of this week she will throw our things out of the street"

"Really?, Did she really say that to you?"

"Yes son that is what she has said to me"

"But mom did you try to talk to daddy about this issues?"

"No haven't son and I will not ever do that anymore"

"Why mom"

"Because from now on i don't even want to see Benjamin's face ever again for what he has done to me and my family"

Justin asks Emily a question,"How much are we supposed to pay to Mrs. Jane this month?"

Emily replies to Justin,"1500 US dollars"

"What?, but mom how are we going to get that kind of money in a short period of time?"

"We will both work together to find that money but don't tell me to go to Benjamin and starts begging him to give me money because I will never do that anymore this time"

"Okay let's hope for the best to come"

Emily replies to Justin while patting his shoulder, "Don't worry son I believe soon everything will be alright in our family and we will stand on our own feet"

"Okay mom I understand you"

After Emily and Justin's finishes talking, Justin then decides to go to his room in order to change his school uniform.

Katherine's house

Benjamin and Katherine are at the sitting room coach watching TV together while waiting for their food to be ready for eating, in few moments while Benjamin and Katherine are watching the TV, Katherine then asks Benjamin a question,

"Benjamin, can I ask you something?"

Benjamin replies to Katherine, "Yeah sure what is it that you want to ask me Katherine?"

"What are your plans for tomorrow?"

Benjamin replies to Emily, "Tomorrow I will go to the office and after work then I will return back home"

"Which home do you refer Benjamin?"

Benjamin replies to Katherine while playing with her hair,"Your home of coarse"

Katherine replies to Benjamin with a broad smile on her face, "Okay after work don't forget to bring me some bread because there is something special that I would love to cook for you"

"How many bread do you want?"

"Two breads will be fine"

Benjamin replies to Emily, "Okay darling, don't worry about it I will buy them for you after work"

Katherine replies to Benjamin, "Okay"

Benjamin and Katherine then continue watching the TV while waiting for their food to be ready.