Chapter 21

EMILY'S GUEST.

Emily is with her bloom, doing some cleanliness at the sitting room as she moves around the sitting room while picking up some wastes. While Emily is at the sitting room doing some cleanliness, shortly a door bell rings repeatedly as the person outside the house presses the bell as Emily continues doing some cleanliness while disposing some wastes on the dustbin.

When Emily hears the door bell, she then stops cleaning the sitting room and goes to the door in order to open and see who is the person ringing the bell, And when she opens the door, she then gasps in a complete surprise seeing her mother standing outside the house with her hand bag on her hand.

Emily's smile widens as she welcomes her mother, "Welcome mom. i can't believe you have finally come here to my house."

Janet(Emily's mother)grins and replies, "Thanks darling. Why are you crying now darling?."

Emily sniffs and replies, "It's just, I have missed you so much mom that's all."

Janet grins and replies, "Aww, Stop crying dear. I'm here now."

After a small talk, Emily welcomes her mother inside the house as they both enters inside while Emily helps her mother carrying her hand bag.

When Emily and Janet arrives inside the sitting room,Emily then speaks.

"How are you doing mom?, and tell me how are things going on in Alabama?."

"Actually they are going great, and also your friend mary has got engaged the last summer with her long time boyfriend Ethan and soon they are going to get married.",Janet replies.

Emily gasps in full of surprise after hearing her longtime friend mary from childhood is finally getting married.

"Really?,You aren't kidding me right now, aren't you mom?.", Emily asks.

"I'm not kidding you and also she has sent me to say Hi to you."

" Thanks mom and when you return back home tell her that i love her so much and i wish her all the best with her marriage."

Janet nods and replies, "Okay i will tell her."

"Emily also there is something that i want to tell you.", Janet speaks.

Emily nods and replies,"Sure, what is it mom?."

"Your father has sent me to tell you that he has missed you so much, and also he would love to see you and your family visiting him someday in Alabama."

"I was thinking about the same thing mom but for now i can't come to Alabama because Justin and Smith they haven't closed their school yet, but when it's time for holiday. i will eventually come."

"Okay. You can come anytime you want but don't forget that your father have really missed you so much."

Emily smiles and replies, "I have missed him too."

While the conversation between Janet and Emily continues, suddenly the sound of a door bell is heard from outside.

Emily decides to stand up from her coach and goes to the door in order to open it and when Emily opens the door, she then sees Benjamin standing while waiting outside with his briefcase.

"Welcome darling.", Emily welcomes her husband with a broad smile on her face.

Benjamin grins and replies, "Thanks."

Benjamin enters inside the house and goes straight to the sitting room, and when he arrives at the sitting room, he then sees his mother in law sitting on coach waiting for her daughter to come back.

"Good morning mother. How are you doing?. It's has been so long since we last saw each other.", Benjamin greets his mother in law with a broad smile as he goes towards her seat.

"I'm good thanks. Yes it's has been two years now which made me start wondering if you may have forgotten about us."

Benjamin sits on his mother in law coach and snorts, "No, i haven't forgot about you mom. it's just we haven't got the right time to visit you and father together but i promise you this time we will find a way to come and visit you."

"Okay that will be great because your father in law is waiting for both of you to come to Alabama and also he wants to see his grandsons."

"Don't worry mom. We will visit you soon."

Benjamin stands up from the coach and leaves the sitting room, Leaving Janet and Emily sitting while talking to each other as he goes to change his clothes.

"Emily i almost forgot to ask you this question. How is your marriage going darling, is everything alright?",

Emily replies, "Actually it's going great mom compared to before."

"Did Benjamin treat you badly lately?."

Emily shakes her head in disagreement and replies, "No mom, nowdays he has changed a lot because of work i guess, and also now we both live happily together as a family."

"That's great. I hope your marriage will continue to work and someday you can both live happily together."

Emily grins and replies, "I hope so too mom.".

When Benjamin finishes changing up his clothes, he then returns back to the sitting room.

"What kind of drink would you prefer to drink mother in law?.", Benjamin asks his mother in law a question as soon as he arrives at the sitting room.

"Don't bother son, there is no need of buying drink for me?."

"But i insist mother in law. You have come a long way from Alabama up to Texas Just to visit us, so how am i not gonna treat you right?."

Janet sighs and replies, "Okay fine, you can get me some drinking water and that will be fine for me."

"Okay I'm gonna get it for you."

Benjamin leaves the house as soon as he receives an order from his mother in law and goes to the shop,leaving Emily and Janet talking to each other.