Chapter 23

Jade's question

Jade doesn't look good, as she arrives home from school with her moody face thinking about the rejection of her request from Justin of coming to her home for studies.

"This girl is unbelievable. Does she think she is going to win this battle uh!. I'm going to show her who is the queen now.", Jade speaks to her inner thoughts as she walks on the stairs, heading inside their house.

When Jade arrives inside the house, she then goes to the sitting room in order to check if there is anyone there so that she can meet and greet her mom and daddy, and after Jade arrives at the sitting room, her father(Leonard) notices a sad facial expression of his daughter while he is on the coach reading newspaper.

"Jade are you alright. What happened to you sweetie?.", Leonard asks a question out of curiosity.

Jade fakes her smile and replies, " I'm good daddy. why are you asking me that?."

"I know you so well my dear. whenever you don't feel okay I can always see some changes on your facial expression. So tell me, what happened to you sweetie?."

When Leonard insists to know what happened to Jade, Jade is confused as she doesn't know what to answer to her daddy since she has promised herself to keep her relationship matters a secret because she doesn't want to disappoint her father by telling him so.

Jade clears her throat and replies, "No daddy. it's just I'm really tired today and also I don't really feel well that's why I'm like this."

"Are you sure darling?.", Leonard raises an eyebrow and asks.

Jade nods and replies,"Yes daddy I'm sure. Today I'm kinda exhausted with school stuffs that's all."

"Okay as you say so." Leonard replies.

When Leonard finishes talking to his daughter, he decides to returns back to his laptop in order to continue with his office works. As Leonard continues working on his laptop while Jade is on the coach sitting, Jade decides to asks her father a question.

"Daddy can I ask you something?."

"Sure you can I ask me, what is it?.", Leonard replies.

When Jade is about to ask her father a question, suddenly a fear comes inside her heart of asking her father since she fears the negative response that she might get from her father.

While Leonard is waiting for Jade's question, he suddenly notices Jade fear and decides to ask her a question.

"why are you afraid to tell me my dear?. You know you can always tell your daddy anything that you want and I will always listens to you no matter what, so tell me what is it sweetie that you wanted to tell me so bad?."

Jade asks with the shyness on her face, "Daddy when I grow up old and reach the time to find the spouse. will you let me choose the spouse that I'm in love with and want?."

After Jade's question, Leonard looks surprised as he doesn't know what to answer to his daughter as he looks at her with a complete surprise since he did not expect Jade to asks him that kind of question so suddenly.

"Jade why are you asking me that question?. Is there anything that is bothering you right now?.", Leonard decides asks Jade a question out of curiosity.

Jade shakes her head in disagreement and replies,  "No daddy. I just want to know just for curiosity that's all."

"Okay As longer if he is the right spouse for you, of course yeah I don't really have a problem with that."

Jade gasps with complete surprise and asks, "Really daddy?. Will you allow me to get married to any spouse that I will be in love with?."

Leonard grins and replies, "Of course yes, but I want to asks you something first jade?."

Jade nods and replies, "Okay sure. tell me, what is it that you want to ask me daddy?."

"Well, why I you suddenly interested in this topic?."

Jade replies with a stutter as she tries to hide her motives, "Uh!.., Daddy its just.., I have come a cross a YouTube video about a rich girl who her father refused to allow her to get married to a poor man. it was really sad first time watching it."

"So after seeing a video from YouTube, That's is when you decided to come to me and talk about it?.", Leonard raises his eye brow as he asks a question while confused.

Jade nods and replies, "Yes daddy. I just wanted to make sure that I will not go through the samething that's all."

"Mmh Okay.",Leonard replies.

When Jade finishes talking to her father, she then gets excited since she wasn't sure if her father would have agree about her dating Justin because they all come from different social backgrounds even though there are not dating yet.

Jade decides to stand up and leaves the sitting room after she is done talking to her father. But before she leaves and goes to her room and change, Leonard stops her.

"Listen darling. there is something that I wanted to tell to you.", Leonard speaks.

Jade stops and nods as she replies, "Sure what is it daddy, tell me?."

"Tomorrow we are going to have some guests right here at home, and I would love for you to return home early after school in order to do some preparation."

"Okay.  At what time are the guests going to arrive here at home?." jade asks.

Leonard replies,"They will be here at 6 pm."

Jade nods and replies, "Okay daddy. I will be back home early tomorrow."

"Okay.",Leonard replies.

Jade then decides to leave the sitting room and goes on her way to her room, leaving Leonard typing his work on his computer.