Chapter 3

BENJAMIN AT HOME

 Benjamin(Justin's father) is on the street walking while swaying around the road on his way back home due to his excessive consumption of alcohol which had few drinks with his friends at the bar. When Benjamin arrives home, he then opens his house front door and enters inside the house after disappearing home for a quite long time without saying goodbye to his family.

 Benjamin goes directly to the sitting room after he is inside the house in order to take some rest after walking for a long time and when Benjamin arrives at the sitting room, he then lays down on the sofa and ends up sleeping unconsciously while looking completely exhausted where by nobody is around the sitting room.

 In few moments after a short nap, Benjamin wakes up and calls his wife in a louder voice.

"EMILY,EMILY".

When Emily hears her husband's voice from inside her room, she then start wondering while asking herself  questions on what is going on with Benjamin that made him return home early since it's unusual for him to be at home so early.

 Emily decides to stand up from her bed and goes to the sitting room in order to see and hear on what Benjamin is going to say to her. When Emily arrives at the sitting room, she finds her husband laying on the coach while looking completely drunk which made Emily angrily while wondering on what is going on with her husband that made him drink so much to the point of losing self consciousness.

"Did you drink again Benjamin?.", Emily asks in anger tone.

Benjamin shouts, "What kind of question are you asking me you stupid woman."

Emily replies, "I'm your wife and i have all the rights to know everything about you."

"Its none of your business.", Benjamin replies. 

Emily asks, "Where were you yesterday while we were waiting for you to return home the whole day?."

Benjamin looks at Emily with fierce look and then replies to her, "I have already say to you that it's none of your business you stupid woman, don't asks me again your silly questions."

After Benjamin replied to Emily with harsher words, Emily gets scared and decides to keep quiet After seeing her husband facial expression changed. A few minutes while  Emily and Benjamin are at the sitting room, Benjamin then wakes up from his couch and stands up.

"Where is Justin?.", Benjamin asks Emily a question as he approaches her nearby.

Emily replies, "He is not home right now."

"Where did he go?."

"he is at the streets selling newspapers."

Emily's reply made Benjamin angry after hearing that Justin is on the street selling newspapers instead of not studying at home. 

 "Emily. Does your brain really works properly, How can you allow your kid to go to the streets and work at this time of an hour?." Benjamin scolds his wife with fierce look on his face.

Emily exclaims in anger ,"What did you expect us to do Benjamin uh! tell me?, You didn't even left us some money, So how did you expect us to wait for you while we are hungry?."

After Emily's response, Benjamin slaps his wife on her face until Emily falls down on the ground. When Smith hears his father and mother arguments he then comes out of his room running straight to the sitting room In order to check on what is going to the sitting room . When Smith arrives, he then goes and begs his father not beat his mother but Benjamin doesn't careless on Smith's words on which he ends up pushing him out of his way until Smith ends up hitting himself on the table and dislocating his left shoulder which made him groan in Pain.

When Emily sees her son groaning in pain after hitting the Table and dislocating his left shoulder, she then runs towards her son in order to see if he is alright as she holds him tightly as they are both crying while dropping tears of pain after Benjamin's mistreatment.

Benjamin continues shouting, "You are all useless here. I'm going out right now."

Benjamin takes his coat and leaves the house, leaving Emily and her son crying on the floor while feeling helpless.

****

After a few moments later, Justin returns back home from work while holding some foods for his family with so much excitement as he enters inside the house and closes the door from behind. When Justin is inside the house,  he then sees his mother giving Smith some first aid on his dislocated shoulder while they are both dropping some tears which causes Justin to start wondering on what is going on with his mother and brother. 

"What happened here mom, why are you all crying?.",  Justin goes to towards the place where Smith and Emily are sitting. 

Emily replies, "Nothing happened son,  it's Just your brother felled down in the bathroom and ended up dislocating his shoulder that all."

After Emily's reply, Justin isn't satisfied with her mother's response since the situation that he has found them it's  quite different from what his mother is trying to explain.

"Are you really sure mom because from what i can see i can tell there is something wrong here?."

Emily sniffs and replies, "Yes I'm sure nothing happened Justin, don't worry."

Justin's doubts fills inside his mind because from the picture  that he is seeing it's quite opposite from what his mother saying . Justin then decides to ask his young brother Smith.

 "Smith. Is she really telling me the truth?."

Smith looks at his mother first and hesitates to speak up against his father since Emily told him not to speak about it in front of Justin  but due to so much anger that he has for his father, Smith then decides to tell Justin the the truth about what happened to them.

"No! Justin, Daddy came back home today and mistreated us all like this and left".

When Justin finds out that his father was behind all this messy, he gets fumed with so much anger and then decides to go after his father in order to confront him for what he has done to his family. But before Justin leaves the house, Emily stops him and begs him not to go after his father.

"Please don't go to your father. Just leave him alone I'm begging you."

Justin replies ,"But why mom this is too much, I have to go and confronts him about this."

Emily replies, "I know son but listen to me,  Just leave him alone and come back to the house, there is no need of going and confronting him."

After Emily begs Justin to return back inside the house, Justin doesn't have a choice but to comply to his mother's order and then he decides to return back inside the house.