Chapter 52

It was the last day of April and the Annual Model Awards Ceremony was to take place at 7pm that night.

As a guest award presenter, Yang Yuteng was to walk down the red carpet with the famous artist, Mr Chu  who was also one of the judges.

Hearing Evan mention this name, the first thing that came to Yang Yuteng's mind was the sleazy middle-aged man at the Bright Night Gala.

Mr Chu! Why is it him?

On the side, Evan continued to chatter about things to take note of for the awards ceremony. However, Yang Yuteng's heart felt uneasy,

"Evan, can you help me prepare a hidden camera?"

"Hidden camera? I don't have anything like that. But I do have a voice-recording brooch. Why?"

"I don't think Mr Chu has good intentions," Yang Yuteng said as he lifted his head to look at Evan.

"There have already been many reports about him within the industry. The fact that he has been organized to enter with me, I need to be wary of it."

"OK, I will help you prepare it in a moment," Evan replied after realizing the situation.

The two looked at each other and smiled; they understood each other. It was at this time that Evan received a phone call from Richard asking him to tell Yang Yuteng to look at the entertainment news.

Evan turned on the TV with a confused expression before seeing Jake full of spirit in front of the camera receiving an interview.

"Jake Hsu has signed on with a new agency, ending his relationship with WU!"

"Jake Hsu announces the cancellation of his contract with WU. All is revealed about his betrayal to Chris Wu."

Seeing these headlines, regardless of when it happened, one thing was clear: Chris Wu and Jake Hsu had split!

"Let's see what will hapoen tonight ." Yang Yuteng looked at Jake who was being interviewed on TV. Towards this man, he had long lost his patience and sympathy.

"Thinking of it, he is quite pitiful. After just signing on with a new company, he will have to fall from his perch straight away."

Yang Yuteng smirked.

The reason Jake had been so rash in making an announcement was because he was afraid something bad would happen if he delayed it too long. 

"Right now, I want to thank two people. The first one is the CEO of WU, Mr. WU, for helping me and protecting me. The second person is my colleague, Yang Yuteng. Without you, there would be no me!"

"Mr Hsu ,  may I ask, the gratitude you just showed Yang Yuteng, did that come truly from your heart?"

"Yes that's right, everyone knows there is a huge competitive streak between you and Yang Yuteng. What do you think will be in store for the both of you in the future?"

The people from Jake's new agency glanced at him, reminding him to think before speaking. If the Artists Director didn't speak up earlier to distract the media, Jake would be currently in a lot of trouble.

Jake was stunned for a moment, before smiling, "I am Jake Hsu , I'm not good with words. May I please ask the media to stop making it difficult for me."

In other words, he was trying to hint that Yang Yuteng's words were a beautiful facade. However, in reality, even though Yang Yuteng didn't face the media often, whenever he did, he would be hard at work or trying his best to avoid them.