Chapter 28

The next morning, the air was slightly humid. Yang Yuteng was awoken by the sound of his phone ringing, it was Vivian. Her voice was a lot gentler than the previous day, "Yang Yuteng, I just arrived at your house, but only your assistant is home."

"I've moved."

"I came to tell you, after President Wu announced you would be appearing at the corporate event, the fans you gained are now in an uproar. They are arguing intensely amongst themselves. They said if you were to appear at this event, it means you are supporting unreliable goods, there is no way they can accept it and are ready to abandon you..."

"What's Jake's reaction?"
Yang Yuteng asked Vivian straightforwardly.

"He can't wait to see you suffer. Going to this event was his idea from the start. Not only does he want to step all over you, he wants your life to be a living hell."

"Then let's see next Wednesday, who's life will be a living hell..." Yang Yuteng responded with a deeper meaning, "In the meantime, don't worry about the fans, let them yell at me as much as they want!"

The entertainment headlines were still focused on Chris and Jake's video. The public put Jake through all kinds of pain and abuse. Whereas, Yang Yuteng's reactions from the public consisted of 2 extremes. Some were extremely sympathetic as they assumed Yang Yuteng was being forced, leading to him having no choice in which company he was to endorse. Whereas younger fans questioned why, under these circumstances, he hadn’t left the Wu's.

It was amongst this complex debate…

…that an album of photos from Yang Yuteng’s recent shoot was leaked by a passerby. In an instant, the hottest person online had changed as everyone praised how stunning Yang Yuteng’s beauty and long legs were.

On top of everything, there were multiple magazines that pointed out, how even when posing randomly, every move that he made was more natural than any pose pulled by a professional model.

The image  of Yang Yuteng , were he gracefulness as he looked back at the camera with tears in his eyes.

While all this was going on, within the same day, Vivian received invites from no less than 5 magazines, requesting Yang Yuteng to appear on the front cover of their next season’s issue.

Compared to pitiful Jake who was getting one contract canceled after another, Vivian was very impressed by Yang Yuteng. It was like he had some kind of magical ability that would always turn things around.

Vivian reported to Chris with the invites from the magazines and analyzed which path Yang Yuteng should take. But, she was stopped by Jake who was sitting in Chris's office chair,

"Didn’t we already agree that we would not be accepting any jobs for him? Are you ignoring my words?"

His relationship with Han Chris is still young, yet here he is, already acting like he is the president’s wife…

"Let’s choose E-Mag," Chris selected one of the most influential magazines as he spoke directly to Vivian.

"Jake, what did you promise me?"

"Babe, everything I do is for you. Think about it…the incident with the video has received enough criticism. All we need is for Yang Yuteng  to make an appearance and clarify that we broke up a long time ago.

Then the relationship between you and I would not be adulterous at all – just a normal couple. The netizens will realize they’ve been wrong and will feel guilty towards you – everything you do from then on would be more acceptable. I am laying a path for you," Chris explained to Jake in a serious tone, "There’s not much time left until the Top Ten Model Awards. This is the fastest way to wipe your slate clean. By the time you make a comeback, do you think Yang Yuteng would still have a place to stand?"

" Only you could think of something that covers all bases like this." Jake said while smiling at Chris

the scheming between the two, quickly reached Yang Yuteng's ears.

"Those two want to use you to wipe their slates clean, what are you planning to do?" Vivian was curious how Yang Yuteng was going to stop himself from being used by Chris.

"Help me reject the job. If Chris asks, just say I’m not feeling well," Yang Yuteng replied.

Picking one out of five magazines and then having to immediately reject four, was already not quite right.

But, Vivian understood what had to be done. So far she had been impressed by Yang Yuteng's ability to skillfully deflect whatever was thrown at him. Effortlessly, he had passed the hot potato back. When Jake heard of this, he nearly went crazy. He slammed hia hands on the table as he spoke to Vivian, "He obviously did it on purpose!

"Then, Mr Hsu, how accommodating did you think a model that's had his fiancee stolen and is getting all his jobs frozen, should be?"

After hearing everything, Chris patted Jake on the back to comfort him. He turned to Vivian and ordered,

"Tell Yang Yuteng to come see me."

。。。。。