Chapter 51

After leaving the hotel...

Chris  dragged his lifeless body through the streets. So this was how it felt to be betrayed; anger, embarrassment, shame and loss of control - a thousand emotions coursed through his veins.

For Jake, he had given up everything...

He even broke up with Yang Yuteng...

Yet, in the end, this was what he got in return: catching him in bed with someone else. He felt that his sincere heart had been played like a game by Jake..

Ah...

So.... Yang Yuteng ....is this how you feel back then .

For Jake, he threw away Yang Yuteng and abandoned Andy; he gave up everything to help him advance.

In exchange, he found him in bed with someone else.

The indescribable pain was rooted in his heart as it sprouted into anger and other complicated emotions...swallowing him whole. Three years of love ended in nothing...

Yang Yuteng..

He had once treated Yang Yuteng in the same way. Thinking of Yang Yuteng, Chris remembered all the humiliation and torture he had put him through. If this was meant to be the most painful form of karma, he was already at the point where he was in so much pain he'd rather die.

In the end, Chris phoned Yang Yuteng. In a calm voice he spoke, "Yang Yuteng, can you come back?"

On the other end of the phone, Yang Yuteng was packing his and Sam's luggage. Hearing Chris's question, he was slightly stunned,

"What do you mean?"

"Come back to my side...I'll give the best to you..."

,"If I want something, I can get it myself, I don't need you. President Wu, if that's it, I will hang up first."

"Can you not leave Wu?"

Yang Yuteng hung up the phone without responding and continued to pack his luggage; he could roughly guess what had happened between Jake amd Chris.

Originally he thought he would look forward to this day, but this wasn't the result he wanted to see. Chris was turning back, not because he was truly regretful, but because he probably experienced the same kind of betrayal as him...

Not long after,  Sam packed away his documents and headed into the bedroom. Seeing Yang Yuteng standing beside the bed in a daze, he stretched out his arms and hugged him,

"Sorry, I've been working till so late."

YU returned Sam's hug as he tried his best to absorb the warmth from his body, "I know you are trying to make time to go overseas with me..."

"What's wrong?"

Sam noticed a slight change in his voice; they had developed an understanding between each other over time. Although YU wasn't someone that usually spoke much, Sam could still sense a change in his emotions by simply looking at his expression.

"I think Chris and Jake have split..."

"I just suddenly feel a sense of realization. I've figured out whether I've done all this to seek revenge on them or to do something for myself. I understand now: of course it is important to make them face their consequences, but...more importantly, I want to stand side-by-side with you, on the same level."

Sam gently stroked his black hair comfortingly before carrying him over to the bed,

"Good boy , close your eyes. We will be going overseas tomorrow...I will always keep you company..."