Chapter 18

Don't be nervous." YU look at Evan while smiling

"Nervous? Are you kidding me? Who do you think I am?"
Evan  rolled his eyes, "It's not my first day on the job. If Chris wants to tear me down, it's not that easy. Let's wait and see..."
As he   spoke, Evan walked out with a fierce expression. Previously, YU had not pushed to advance, but now, the situation had changed. Evan no longer had to hold back.

Not long after, Evan made his way into Chris's office and Chris threw a contract in front of his without hesitation, "Prepare to compensate us for breaching your contract and leave."

"Leave?" Evan laughed,

"President Wu,  you must have a bad memory. When I first signed my contract with Wu's , my salary and Yang Yuteng's appearance fee was clearly stated. However, all these years, Yang Yuteng's appearances had been overtaken by Jake Hsu and my salary was nowhere near what was promised, so who breached the contract first? Plus, the article I released was all for the sake Yang Yuteng, so which part of the contract did I breach?"

"You..." Chris couldn't believe he was being told off by a manager.

His pride was hurt.

"If you aren't afraid of making things worse, we can always take things to court, it doesn't matter to me. But, how many people in the industry will lose trust in WU Entertainment?" Evan asked in a provoking manner.

"What do you want then?"

"I want us to end on a good note. I will sign the papers and leave, whereas you will not continue asking for any compensation. From this moment on, we don't owe each other anything!"

Chris glared at Evan angrily, but, because Jake was involved, he couldn't argue back.

So, in the end, Chris had no choice but to sign the papers. "Leave, I don't want to see you again."

"Chris Wu, let me give you a warning: there is no wall thick enough to block out everything. The way you have treated Yang Yuteng, you will soon have to pay it back a thousand times."

After speaking, Evan left the office with the canceled contract in his hands.

Chris, who was left standing in the room thought about the words Evan had said, in anger, he grabbed the table in front of him and flipped it.

After canceling the contract, Evan didn't leave the building, instead, he stayed by Yang Yuteng's side. When Chris eventually left his room, they ran straight into each other,

"Why are you still here?"

Yang Yuteng froze for a moment, before he replied, "I've just hired Evan !"

"Yang Yuteng,  your manager contract is managed by the company, how could you hire a new manager?" Yang Yuteng  was driving Chris Wu crazy.

"Oh, I didn't hire a manager, I hired him as my assistant. It's my right to hire my own assistant, isn't it?" Yang Yutenh smiled calmly, "After all, Evan has taken care of me for so many years, I've gotten used to it."

"Yang Yuteng, what's wrong with you? Why do you keep going against me?" Chris pulled Yang Yuteng to one side and asked him angrily.

"Because Evan is more thoughtful than you, everything he does is for my sake. Just because I took on a deal, doesn't mean he would accuse me of stealing from others..."

After hearing this, Chris went silent, looking at Yang Yuteng coldly, "Yang Yuteng , you've always been supportive of my career...why are you like this?"

"I've said it before, the incident with the jewelery show  would be the last time I take on the blame for both of you." Yang Yuteng  remained calm, so calm that his eyes were emotionless.

"If you really want to be this childish, I think, our wedding...should be called off."

Chris  used their wedding as a means to threaten Yang Yuteng. After all, all these years, Yang Yuteng had been the one that stuck by his side willing to do anything.

Quite some time passed...Yang Yuteng remained silent like he was contemplating...

Chris assumed he had given up and was regretting going against him...

But, who would have thought, this would be Yang Yuteng's response...

Oh...you don't want to get married? Then we won't do it..." Yang Yuteng  smiled .

Like this, Chris  was flustered. He reached out his hand and placed it overbearingly onto Yang Yuteng's shoulder. With an angry look in his eyes, he asked,

"Do you not love me anymore?"

"What about you? Do you love me?"

Yang Yuteng  carefully slipped out of Chris's grasp; he had promised Sam he wasn't going to have physical contact with another man.

Chris was stunned. He opened his mouth, but no words came out, because, towards Yang Yuteng, he had never had any feelings - he was only using him.
He slowly relaxed his hands,

"We are already at the stage of getting married, why would you question our love? You will become my wife soon, can't you think on my behalf? It wasn't easy for Jake  to be nominated for the Top Ten Model Awards. Yang Yuteng, I'm just annoyed that you can't be more understanding."

Yang Yuteng  slowly distanced himself from Chris.  He remained composed, "Then from now on, you may have to get used to how I am." Yang Yuteng  left Chris standing there alone as he left the building.

Chris was puzzled, he didn't understand why Yang Yuteng's attitude had changed so much. But, after careful thought, he assumed he was still jealous of him and Jake . However, he didn't have the energy to go coax him.After his anger subsides, things will most likely go back to normal.

He's always been so useless, without any temper to even stick up for himself.

Yang Yuteng knew Chris wasn't going to chase after him- his heart had already given up on him.

Instead, he was quickly hurrying home to see Sam .

At the thought of Sam, Yang Yuteng's heart felt like it was suddenly lit up by a bright light.

"Evan,  cancel the lease on your home and move over to my old home. Give my home a bit of life. You can change the locks as well. If Chris asks, just say you have moved over to take care of me and it is no longer convenient for him to have the keys," Yang Yuteng suggested.
"Tomorrow, I will sign a new contract with you."

"OK...works for me, this way I can save some money."

After their conversation, Evan looked at Yang Yuteng with an ambiguous smile,
"The mighty president of Lin Corp, how is he in that aspect?"

"Don't be so nosy, ok?" Yang Yuteng replied, staring into Evan's eyes.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

After returning home, YU had a lot of free time since Sam was still out for the day. He headed for the kitchen and found the servants cooking. Lifting up his sleeves, he offered,

"Let me help!"

"Sir, how could we trouble you?" The chef in charge of the meals was a middle-aged woman over 40. She liked Yang Yuteng as he gave off a peaceful vibe.

"How about this, you rest for the day and allow me to cook for Sam tonight." Yang Yuteng led the chef out of the kitchen.

。。。。。。。。