Chapter 22

In an instant, Chris and Jake  news became the talk of the town; their previous efforts with PR had been completely overturned.

Since Chris and Yang Yuteng were an engaged couple, the video revealed Jake was a third party that had stepped in between the two, so he quickly became a hated homewrecker that everyone cursed under their breaths.

At this time, a member of the media stepped out to reveal that the jewelery show  substitute incident was all Chris and Jake's idea and Yang Yuteng  was forced to innocently take on all the blame.

The netizens were in an uproar.

Later that day...even bigger news was released regarding the incident at the airport.

Yang Yuteng was previously criticized for disrespecting his fans, resulting in disgust from passersby.

But, after Jake's indecent video was released...Jake's Official Fan Page posted up a statement clearing the entire incident of Yang Yuteng's fault.
It was revealed that the fans had planned the entire incident beforehand and they even pointed out it was all because they wanted to stick up for Jake. Luckily, they had now realized, the idol they were protecting, was not worth it.

On top of everything, evidence was posted up of Jake's assistant privately providing details of Yang Yuteng's schedule to the fan club. Records of the discussions that took place in planning for what happened at the airport was also posted.

In the end, a clarification letter on behalf of Yang Yuteng was released clearly explaining that Yang Yuteng hadn't thrown the flowers on the floor.

They also praised Yang Yuteng for being polite and sincerely apologizing even though he knew he was being slandered. Most importantly, when he was being protected by the police, he caringly asked the police not to be so rough, in case they hurt someone.

This was released by Jake's Offical Fan Club, which meant Jake's fan club had now become a defeated army. Even his biggest fans had now turned their back on him, how was anyone to trust Jake ever again? The media continued to be negative, fans stepped all over him,  even companies that had previously used Jake as a spokesperson immediately took down their ads and sent out letters from their lawyers.

Seeing all this, Jake knew...he was over...he was completely over!

"Jake, you need to remain calm. You  know Chris love you so much , you don't have to be afraid that President WU won't obediently listen to you. Even if in the end, you can no longer be a famous model, at least, you can still be the wife of WU's CEO." Jake's assistant tried to calm him down after seeing he throw everything on the floor

Hearing this, Jake agreed with his assistant's reasoning.
Yes....that's right , Chris love me to much to leave me

...

As soon as he stepped off the plane, YU received a phone call from Sam.

"Should I congratulate my wife on a victorious battle?" Sam was sitting on his office chair as the contours of his face were highlighted by the rays of sunlight coming in through his office window. He looked handsome as usual.

Yu laughed gently and responded with a cheeky voice, "Must you congratulate me every time I make a move?"

"Can't you tell? I'm just looking for an excuse to give you a call..."

Yu's heart fluttered. "Too bad I can't come home tonight," he responded in a quiet whisper.

"If you tell me you miss me, there might be a miracle," Sam teased. "Do you want to try?"