2. The Ragnor snake

(Quick authors note: Keep in mind, the type of writing in the main character's pov will become more smoother to read and more developed as the character also grows)
************************************
Morana POV

I suddenly woke up with a jolt- breathing harshly and coughing out the fear of something that was never there. Sweat covered my body, making me shiver. I rubbed the droplets out of my face with my sleeve and then unconsciously put a hand onto my neck and softly massage the phantom ache. 

I gripped the soft hay beneath me and tried breathing slowly to calm my heart down. It had been thundering almost painfully.

It isn't real..

It's just a dream..

It isn't real..

I breathed out slowly and pulled my legs over the small makeshift bed- making sure to look at my surroundings, it brought me reassuring comfort about where I was. I analyzed the small brown tent of my current accommodation then collapsed back onto the stiff bed.

After a while of steadying my breathing, I heared a loud caw outside of my tent, followed afterwards with footsteps.

I exhaled loudly and almost groaned in uncertainty of not knowing what to expect from her today.

I smiled lazily when I saw Fala walk in.

She had brushed over the tent opening and walked gracefully inside, scanning every detail subtly as her eyes then finally landed on me. Her eyes, the brightest of silver that could outshine any blade forged- her dark hair that was neat, straight and laid perfectly onto her shoulders. I have never seen a hair out of place, neither a speck of dirt on her cloaks or dresses.

A real lady

Today she wore her formal green gown, which meant that she had been doing quite some work and traveling for the past few hours, inspecting and making sure everyone was completing their practice routine around the big grassy fields of Merlanis.

Fala had good connections with Lord Dritan, the ruler of Merlanis. The person that owned these lands, filled with meadows, lakes, beautiful forests and a diversity of wildlife.

The weather was always a delight, the flowers and fruit always bloomed and it made the animals on these lands thrive. We had only set camp on Merlanis three days ago...

Today was a particular day- training day..

-shit..

"You were supposed to be awake at sunrise Morana." Fala said with a strong rich voice. Looking down at me with narrowed eyes, he disappointment was evident. Fala was definitely a woman you wouldn't pick a fight with. However, I found seeing her eyebrows scrunch together in a frown amusing. It was only rarely you could ever get a reaction out of her. This woman had taken me in and treated me like her own, like she does with everyone. Indeed she is rough around the edges, like a sword that had been newly stamped with iron, but Fala strived for success and pushes us to reach it, like any mother figure or business entrepreneur would.

"Walk in why don't you Fala, can't a young, honorable and innocent maiden get some privacy around here?" I asked and then gave an abashed look, trying to cover my body that was dressed in a old worn out cotton shirt.

Fala gave an unamused look and simply said "We both know that you are neither honorable or innocent Morana." she eyed the wooden brown box next to my small trunk of belongings on the grassy ground that had been collecting dust over the years. The box that contained something I hadn't dared to open up in years. I looked away in frustration as she eyed it.