Chapter 3- Accident

*edited* & *changed*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My alarm blared loudly, waking me from my deep slumber. I went to roll to my side, but I ended up rolling off the side instead, landing roughly onto the cold, hard floor. "Owww." I mumbled, and rubbed my forehead. I pulled myself up with my arms, and stood up on my feet. I trudged over to my door lazily, and turned the knob slowly. I walked down the dark hallway, and searched blindly for the bathroom door. I found it, and walked in quickly, and closed the door behind me.

When i stepped into the shower, the warm water relaxed my body, making me tilt my head back. i suddenly remembered Harry. The boy i had met yesterday, and had all my classes with. I remembered his dark curls, his green hypnotizing eyes, his captivating smirk... No Delilah. i don't need to get involved with someone. especially not since i've only known him one day. I couldn't help it though. i couldn't get him out of my head. it was like he had some type of spell over me- okay stop right there. no lovey dovey stuff.

I stepped out of the shower, and wrapped a towel around my small frame. I shivered from the cold air hitting my exposed skin, and i hugged the towel closer as i ran to my room, and closed the door. i went to my still unpacked luggage, and went through it before i found a simple grey knit sweat-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, my combat boots, and a ring with an infinity sign on it. I quickly dried my hair, and let it fall into it's natural waves. When I was finished, i grabbed my bag, and flew out my door, and down the stairs.

"Hey Del." my dad called from the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen, and watched as my dad sat at the table with a bowl of cereal and the newspaper. "Morning." I replied, and opened the fridge, taking out a bottle of juice, and I took a banana off the counter. "You headed out?" He asked, peering over the paper. I nodded stiffly, and put the banana in my bag. "Drive safely i'll see you after work. Same time." I looked down to the concrete floor, and nodded. "Okay, love you." I mumbled, and ran off towards the garage to my car.

I jumped into my car, and started off the engine. I backed out of the driveway, quickly dodging my dad's hummer. I put the heat on full blast, letting it take away the chills I had.

I followed the same directions I had followed yesterday, and listened to the music that played softly in the back ground. I looked at the snow piled next to the road, and the little animals frightened by the sounds of the highway.

I parked in the same spot in the parking lot as I had yesterday, and looked down at my phone. I still had ten minutes until my first class started so, I figured I would just stay in the heat of the car, and read a book we had assigned for class.

I looked up from the book, already uninterested from the long words I had no idea even existed. I shut the book, and threw it over to the passenger seat. I looked out the windshield, hoping to see Harry. I immediately saw him across from me, looking in my direction with a worried expression. I wondered why he looked like-

All of a sudden something was wrapped around my waist as I saw a flash in the corner of my eye. I was pulled by the thing wrapped around my waist, threw the passenger side door, and I was suddenly set on the grass a few feet away from my car. I watched as my car was hit by another car, making my car slide across the iced pavement. I watched in horror thinking how that could've been me if whatever had token me out of my car, wouldn't have just saved me. a crowd of people surrounded me, shouting questions at me. I was still frozen from the scene, still looking in the same direction. "Delilah!" I heard a familiar Girly voice call to me. She hooked her arm with mine, pulling me up. "Are you okay?" Carlisle asked, pulling me towards the school. I nodded quickly, but clutched onto her arm with my life. "C-Carlisle?" I asked, stuttering. Her head flipped to mine. "Yeah?" I pointed to my car, my hand shaking. "H-How did I g-get out?" Her eyes widened, and she shrugged, and continued pulling me to a group of teachers, and an ambulance. A medic pulled me onto a gurney, and shined a light in my eyes, and checked me all over. "How did I get out?" I asked him as he checked my pulse. "Adrenaline rush probably." He mumbled, as he continued checking me.

I bit my lip, and looked down at my hands. There's no way. My feet didn't Even touch the ground long enough for me to take a step.

after everything had been cleared up, and I was told I was fine, I went to my second period class, still in shock. I sat in my seat, and thought about what had happened, trying to come up with an answer.

"Delilah are you okay?" Harry asked as he sat next to me, and grabbed my hand. I looked at him, and nodded stiffly. His green eyes full of worrisome, and his pink lips were in a strait line as if he was trying to hold back from saying something. I felt my hand start to grow chills. I looked down at Harry's hand intwined with mine. it was his hand. It's freezing. "Harry...your hand is like ice." I said quietly, looking back up, and meeting his eyes.

He pulled his hand off of mine quickly, and put it in his lap. "Sorry. It's probably from outside." He mumbled, and looked up at the board. I did the same, and listened to the teacher attentively.

I walked in the lunch room quietly, and sat at the table across from Carlisle. I took a small sip of my water, and screwed the top back on. I looked at my lap plainly, and fiddled my fingers. "Delilah." Carlisle whispered loudly, and tapped me under the table with her foot. My head snapped up, and I looked up at her. "Oh..sorry. What was the question?" I asked totally lost. "Wanna come to a party tomorrow night at Zeva's?" She asked smiling widely. I bit my lip, and shook my head. "I can't. I have plans." I replied, lying. Thank god she believed me. I wasn't trying to be rude, but i'm just not that into parties. Plus I'm still shocked from today. "Okay we can count you out then." Zeva said frowning, and sticking her bottom lip out, also giving me the puppy eyes. "Maybe another time." I said sending her a small smile. She smiled, and nodded once. I giggled softly, and looked back down to my lap.

I exited the lunchroom as the bell rang, announcing the next class. I felt someone'a hand clasp around my wrist, and pull me back. "Hey!" I snapped. I looked up to see Harry looking down at me with his smirk of his, and...cue the blush. My cheeks heat up on cue, and his smirk grew wider. "Walk with me to class?" He asked. I smiled, and walked with him to our next class, which was math. least favorite class. We walked up the stairs, making small chat, but I quickly wondered something, and stopped. I pulled him back, and waited for the rest of the students pass. "Did you see what pushed me out of the car?" I asked, locking his eyes with mine. His seemed to try dodging mine for some reason. I could tell he was hiding something, but I don't know what. "What are you hiding harry? I can tell by the way you bite your lip." He looked down to the floor, and seemed to freeze. I tried catching eye contact, but he avoided mine. "Harry." I whispered. He shook his head quickly. "I don't know. I didn't see anything, maybe it was your reflexes or something like that. Lets get to class." He mumbled, and pulled my hand the rest of the way to the class room.