chapter 35- risking lifes

Delilah's POV.

"they must be in the house now." i whisper, looking up at the top of the tunnel, even though i can't see a thing. Harry's arm wraps around me, pulling me into his side. Everyone whispered quietly, wondering what was going on up above. They couldn't tell since the tunnel had a charm on it, blocking out their vampire senses to use up above. their senses only worked for inside the tunnel. they couldn't use their special hearing, or smell to track the manor from up above, so all we had were educated guesses.          "what are we going to do?" i asked everyone. there were a few "i don't know." and "we're just going to wait for now" replies. "i have a light on my phone!" Louis exclaimed, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He turned the light on, and it cast a huge amount of light around all of us. I looked at everyone, one by one. i could see fear, spread across their faces. I felt chills come to the surface of my skin, once again. "are you cold?" harry asked, looking down at me. I nodded slightly. He pulled me up onto his lap, and pulling me into him. I snuggled into his sweatshirt, and rested my head on his shoulder. "they aren't going to wait much longer. they're going to start getting impatient." Vivian announced, matter of factly. Everyone, shared worried glances. We were all afraid what would happen. what if the charm only worked on them? what if if didn't work on the manor, and they found every one of us, and killed us? What would i do if they erased my memory? I wouldn't ever remember my love for harry. I wouldn't even remember who he was. i would completely forget him. That's what scares him i think, thinking of me getting killed, or the manor erasing my memory. For me its the same, but him in my place. I don't want to lose him. i don't want him risking his life for me. He's done so much already. I'd rather it me than him. "Delilah. stop." Louis scolded, from our left. I looked at him. "please don't say that." he whispered. I looked down at my lap.  I Forgot he could read minds. I could feel Harry's eyes on me. "What is it?" he asked me, turning me around on his lap so he could look me in the eyes. I avoided his gaze, but i couldn't for long as his finger went under my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes. "i-i said i'd rather it me than you. I don't want them to kill you. you should just let me go out there now harry. it'd be easi-"                    "No. It wouldn't be easier. Not for me. not for your dad. you're the only family left for him. Imagine the pain he'd be in. As for me, you're the love of my life. not to mention my mate. My heart would shatter without you Delilah. So no, it wouldn't be easier. Please, don't think like that." he told me, not breaking eye contact once. "Delilah i love you. More than you'll ever know. More than i'll ever know." he whispered, leaning his forehead against mine. "i'm sorry." i whispered, pressing out noses together. I could feel his cold breath fan against my lips. "i love you too." i whispered again, and harry put his lips on mine. They moved in sync, out tongues battled for dominance, and of course his won. I could feel the kiss getting heated as His hand, moved up and down my sides. "hello still here!" Everyone yelled, in annoyance. we broke apart, my cheeks stained in red. We laughed slightly, and we leaned against the wall of the tunnel again.  I hope the manor gives up.

~~~~~~~~~~

thirty more minutes pass by as we sit in silence. We had heard two more screams, all closer than the first. "they were moving fast. they were in my yard. i could tell from the screams on both sides. One from my neighbor on the left, and the other form the neighbor on my right. we all stood up, as we heard another. coming from only a few yards away from the tunnel. "they're here." Harry whispered, holding on tightly to my hand. He kissed it, and nodded over at Danielle behind me. I watched as her bottom lip was sucked in her mouth, and a tear slipped down her cheek as a sob escaped her lips. Liam held on tightly to her, as she cried into his shirt. I looked at her in confusion. Vivian then gasped, and ran over to us, before jumping into Harry's arms. She cried as well, hugging him tightly. "I'm so sorry." she cried, into his shoulder. He held on tightly to her as well, and he nodded. "i know. me too." he replied, his voice cracking slightly. they broke apart, and Louis was the next to speak. "harry...what are you-"        "Louis, it's alright." Harry cut him off, sending him a reassuring smirk. what's going on? Harry looked at everyone, and sent small nods. He then turned to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "H-harry?" i asked, hugging him back. He nodded. "yes baby?" he asked, his voice cracking even more. "whats going on? w-why is everyone-"          "it's going to be alright. trust me. it's going to be okay."  he whispered, kissing my cheek. He then bent down, and kissed my lips passionately. I kissed back, a smile on my lips. I was so confused it was ridiculous. "Harry what is this?" i asked, looking into his green eyes. "I love you." he told me, kissing my lips once more. He seemed to be avoiding my question. "i-i love you too, but babe tell me what's going on." i whispered, tears forming in my eyes. He shook his head, and kissed me once more. He rested his forehead against mine, a tear escaping his eye. "do me a favor okay?"  he asked quietly, as he held back a sob. I nodded, tears escaping my eyes just by hearing him crying. "don't forget about me, and always remember..." what is he doing? he better not be doing what i think he's doing. "i love you." he finished, pulling away. he turned around, and sped up the ladder. He began to push the door open, and before he could get out, he looked at me once again. "harry?" i asked, starting to walk towards him. "H-Harry no." i sobbed, trying to get to the ladder, but someone pulled me back. Harry opened the latch of the door. "Harry! no please!" i screamed, being held back by someone's strong arms. I turned to see it was Zayn, holding me by my waist. "No Harry don't leave me!" i screamed at the top of my lungs, fighting against Zayn's hold. Harry got to the top of the ladder. "i love you." he mouthed, and climbed out, shutting the door behind him. "Harry i- i love you too! please!" i screamed, as Zayn turned me around, holding me into his chest. i sobbed loudly, tears staining my cheeks, and wetting my shirt.  Vivian came over, and held on to my hand, rubbing circles over the top. "Shhh.." she hushed, and nodded over at someone. i heard foot steps approaching, and i sobbed as i saw Danielle looking at me. she shook her head, tears running down her cheeks. "Dani please." i whimpered, looking into her eyes. she hushed me, and placed her hand on my forehead. She whispered a few words in a different language, and i soon felt myself fall into darkness, and the last thing i thought of before i let go....was the boy i had fallen for, who had just gone to risk his life for mine.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

anyone crying yet? me too :""(  you guys this is a VERY VERY VERY EMOTIONAL CHAPTER. i know i know here's a tissue. Listen to the song on the side prepare to feel some emotions.

i'm sorry to say that this story is coming to an end you guys. its been a LONG journey <3 i love you all little ducklings. please enjoy the last moments xxxx -Madeline

#HARLILAH

12 votes and 12 comments plz.