chapter 27- can you bark?

hey guys sorry for the LONG wait i know i promised your libraries full, but that was before i knew my summer would be packed :( so...wrote this chapter in a hurry, so here it is lol. also dedication to mizztori18 ;) here you go hun :D

also what do you guys think about the new cover?!?!!!! i like it :)

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

I watched the city run by as harry's car glided along the winding black road. rain tapped against the glass of the windshield, and the metal of the roof, made my eyes feel heavy. I leaned against the window, and took in a deep breath. "tired?" harry's voice asked, breaking the silence. I sat up, and sat back against the seat. I looked over at harry. his eyes were fixed on the road, and his long, slim fingers drummed against the leather of the the steering wheel. his head flipped over to me, and his eyes glued to mine. I nodded slightly. "yeah...a bit." he looked back at the road, and he turned the heat up. it blew out hard against my skin, and pieces of my hair danced in front of my eyes. "so where are we going anyways?" i asked, and continued to look out the window. "erm...a friend's. sorta anyways." he replied quietly. I nodded, and watched the road.

We just exited London, passing the welcome sign. Harry turned onto a road that was barely even noticeable. i wouldn't have seen it if he hadn't turned on it. "Where did that come from?" i asked astonished. i could see harry smirking from the corner of my eye. "it's cursed by a witch. you can only enter if you know the marked place of the road. that big boulder. it's the marker." i nodded, and watched as we went deeper and deeper into the dark forest. The sun had gone down, and it added the effect to the forest, making it more and more eerie. the rain had stopped, but lightning still flashed up above.

Harry pulled in front of a huge dark shadow. I wasn't sure what it was still. my eyes were still adjusting to the darkness after harry had turned off the headlights. he turned off the ignition, and climbed out. I followed, jumping out of his Audi, my feet landing on the soft soil. i closed my door quietly, and ran around to harry. I walked close to him, following him up to the big shadow.

my eyes finally found that the shadow was a huge, abandoned house. it looked as if people hadn't been here in years. "you sure your friends are still here?" I whispered to harry. He nodded his head, his curls jumping as he did so. We walked up to the house, and Harry hesitantly knocked on the front door. there wasn't an answer. harry tried the door knob, but it was locked. Harry took a deep breath, and turned around to me. "Back up." i listened, and stayed a few feet behind him. he kicked in the door, and walked through the hole his foot had made. i walked up to the door, and looked at him through it. "here take my hand. i'll help you through." he whispered. I grabbed on to his hand, and he pulled me through. I dusted off my arms, and held onto harry's hand tightly. he smiled down at me, and he pulled me towards a wall where a candle was stuck on the wall. he took a match out of his pocket, and lit it. it cast a small amount of light around the room, just enough to see a few couches around the room with scratch marks on them made from huge claws. i gasped slightly, and held on to harry tighter. " what the hell are they?" i asked. Harry chuckled slightly. he doesn't answer, so i just hold on to his hand tightly, and hope that what ever they are...they don't decide to kill us.

we've been walking through the house for ages, and i feel like giving up looking for harry's friends. this place is abandoned. "they're here. i can smell the-" Harry is all of a sudden taken from my hand, and is thrown against the opposite wall by a boy with tan skin. his hair is long enough to reach right under his ear, and his whole body is huge, and muscular. The wall cracks from the impact, and harry groans quietly. "Sage!?" harry yells. The tall boy's lip curls as Harry speaks. "the one and only." he spats. he lets go of harry, and harry's feet land on the floor with a thud. "so what are you doing here styles? and why do you have....a-a human?" the boy by the name of sage asked. Harry flashed over to me, and took my hand. "not for the reason you're thinking sage. Delilah is my mate. I'm here for Rebbecca. is she here?" sage's face fell after harry asked that. harry's did too when he saw sage's had. "what?" sage walked over to the window, and looked out quietly. the room got quiet, and you could hear everyone's breathing. "Rebbecca...is....she's um- dead." sage mumbled. his hands were balled into fists, and his knuckles started to turn white. "is that what you wanted to hear?" sage spat at harry, and turned around. i looked up to his eyes, and they were a glowing gold. My eyes widened, and i hid behind harry, and held on tightly to his arm. harry shook his head quickly. "sage calm down. please. i had no idea. Rebbecca was one of my best friends." harry replied. Sage glared at harry, and his mouth hung open. his jaw cracked, and his breathing became irregular. What the hell is this guy?! "Sage! calm down!" harry yelled. Sage smirked at harry. "calm down? you want me to calm down? after i just lost my only family? I'm alone!" Sage screamed. My eyes were wide with terror as i watched him crack every bone in his body. "No. i will not calm down." he spat. I held on to harry as sage fell to the ground, and fur started to come out of his skin. "Harry!" i screamed. Harry spread out his arms around me. i held on tight to his shirt, and watched as Sage transformed into a large black wolf.

Harry closed his eyes, and i looked around us as a purple ball was cast over us. this must be what harry was talking about. he said his gift was to protect the ones he loved. he said he was like a shield. i guess his gift is well...a shield. The wolf started to come at us, but as soon as he hit the purple object, he was automatically thrown back, and he looked at it in curiosity. he tried again and again, but every time he was thrown back. "Sage. you can't go through it. calm down." harry instructed. Sage growled loudly, and tried again, but nothing changed. He looked up at us, and on the dog's face you could see that he was exhausted. he backed up, and laid out on the floor. his breathing slowed to a regular pace, and in moments he was a human again. Harry sighed, and made the shield disappear from around us. "what is that thing?" sage asked. Harry let out a deep breath, and let his shoulders down from around me. his hand found mine, and he entwined our fingers. "It's a shield. it's my gift. its almost unbreakable." harry replied with a small smile. Sage looked down at the floor. "i'm sorry i broke out like that. it's just...hard to keep inside." harry nodded to him. "i understand, but you need to learn to control it,or you'll end up hurting someone not meant to be hurt." harry stated. Sage nodded, and sat down on one of the ruined couches. "so what did you come here for anyways?" Sage asked. Harry walked over to the couch opposite of Sage, and sat down on it, bringing me with him. "i came to find Rebbecca. i need to ask her a favor, but i guess i'm out of luck." Sage looked down at the ground, at his feet that had suddenly become interesting. "you know...i could help you. i know we aren't...exactly friends, or even close to that, but i'd love to help out one of my sister's friends." sage replied, looking up. Harry sighed, and shrugged.

"i need protection. 24 hour protection for Delilah. someone is after her. the head of the manor. i'm trying to reason with them to let her slide. human's aren't suppose to know about us vampires, and usually we compell them if they find out, but the problem is...she's my mate. i can't live without her. the only way she can live is if she changes to a vampire. that's the manor's rules, but i don't want to ruin her life the way mine was ruined when i changed. i want her to stay human, but the manor won't allow it, so lucifer is sending his men to kill her or capture her, and lead me to them. so that's why i need all the help i can get. i need to keep the manor away from Delilah."

〰〰〰〰〰〰

so guys what ya think? first time to see a werewolf around here YAY!!! and imagine tyler blackburn for sage okay? aka caleb from PLL. So 25 votes and 19 comments until next update please and thank you!!!! song and gif to the side ;)

you know you love me......xo xo Gossip girl ;D jk 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

➰➰➰MADELINE➰➰➰