In the Eye abides the Heart

VIOLETS POV:

"Ahhh see Yer soon Vi." Nick mumbled into my hair as I squeezed him tight.

I pulled back from him and sent him a sad smile, then glanced over to Matt, whom I hadn't hugged yet.

He wrapped his arms around my neck as i nuzzled my head deep into his chest.
"You're gonna be alreyt Violet, I bet yer any money it'll go by in a flash.." Matt said quietly.

I pulled back from him and nodded, he gently stroked away a dried tear that sat on my cheek with his thumb and I smiled softly up at him.
I'd drove Alex to the airport this morning and called in sick for work because I was genuinely too emotional to pull myself to go in.

I then moved over to hug Jamie tight and whispered a goodbye before moving to Katie who was going with them but coming back in two months time.

"When I get home, you're packing a suitcase and living with me for as long as you can so we can catch up." Katie giggled and threw her arms around me. I sighed into her hair and bit back the tears that were stinging my eyes.
Kelly and Breana weren't going to join the guys on tour until they were in certain countries.

I turned to Alex who stood with his head hung low and his gaze facing the floor. I slowly moved over to him and placed my hand on his cheek lifting his head to meet my eyeline.

"Please come..." Alex whispered and a tear slowly trickled down his cheek, I wiped it away with my thumb as I felt my eyes fill with tears at the sight of him.

"...Violet I can't be away from yer...not for that long, I can't." Alex said quietly, his voice cracking as he rested the side of his face into my palm.

"I'm going to be here waiting for you when you return..." I whispered to him assuringly, leaning my face closer to his.

"But I thought we said we wasn't going to be together because I'm going away?" Alex asked furrowing his brows together.

"I don't want to split from you.." I said lifting my other hand up to cup his other cheek.

"So then were staying together?" Alex asked quietly. I nodded and sent him a small smile to which he returned.

"We're saying together Al.." I reassured him before he crashed his lips to mine.

Normally our kisses are hungry and passionate but this one was sweet and bitter at the same time, it was a goodbye for now kiss and I hated those, but the kiss being with Alex made it Worth it.

"I'm going to FaceTime yer every chance I get.." Alex whispered against my lips as he leant his forehead to press against mine.

"I love you Alex" I said quietly to him, before pecking his lips then his nose.

"I love you too Violet." Alex replied and then slowly pulled away from me.

Their flight was called out over the intercom speakers and I watched them pick up their bags and each give me one quick hug before heading off to the security check.

I sighed sadly and fumbled with my car key in my hand, keeping my gaze to the floor as I turned on my heal and left the airport.

——————————————————————

4 Months Later..

"Hey change the channel will you?" I called out to Katie who was sat in my living room watching TV and eating popcorn.

I grabbed two glasses of Gin and Tonic then headed into the living room, handing Katie one then slumping down next to her. Stuffing my hand into the bowl of popcorn that rested on her lap and pulling out a handful, tipping my head back as I placed them all into my mouth.